Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Inroducing Tabitha

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Emma-Jayne, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Emma-Jayne

Emma-Jayne PetForums VIP

Hi all,

I went to the sanctuary just to visit and they said that I could take her home today!!!

My nephew was here this morning so he helped me set the spare room up ready for tomorrow luckily!!

She is now in the spare room (Large room) with her food in one corner her litter tray in another and her bed in another and toys in between.

Problem is she isn't keen on being in there. Weather I am with her or not she is jumping up at the door to get out. Oh wait she's stopped and gone back to her ball. :rolleyes:

What shall I do with my other cat Moriarty. He is very timid and is afraid of her. I am worried that if I let him out he might run away :(
    Am I just being paranoid about keeping him until introductions? (he is a partial outdoor cat with a litterbox he won't 'go' outside only in his box)

Will add pics shortly :D

Attached Files:

2. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

keep everybody in and but seperate rooms and do intros and make sure Moriaty is feeling secure and loved before he is allowed back out

otherwise he will just 'avoid' anything that may make him uncomfortable - he doesn't know that soon h'll adore her and be best friends!

once they are safe with each other he's fine to go back outside and just reintroduce him to the world in little steps as if it was all new.

3. Donskie

Donskie PetForums Member

Afraid I cannot offer much advise as none of mine go out but when a new kitten arrives, introductions are done slowly and gradually not to upset the existing residents too much. But having my raggie boys being so laid back, Willow settled in very well when she first arrived.

4. Emma-Jayne

Emma-Jayne PetForums VIP

Thats great advice thank you soooooo much. I may take him into the garden on his harness for a belly tickle as he likes rolling around in the sun :D
    He was ok with her but she hissed at him and he looked so upset! This was just them passing as she went upstairs in the cage (which is why I think she hissed).

5. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Awe shes pretty, i went our cp today today as well to drop off towels and blankets and i fell in love with one there, but i showed a bit of restraint, perhaps i shouldnt have, when i mentioned to OH he didnt say NO!!! - so watch this space as well

6. Emma-Jayne

Emma-Jayne PetForums VIP

I love your logic!!!! lol At the moment they are showing rspca australia on sky one. May give your OH a nudge :D:D

7. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

No wonder you fell in love with her - she's a sweetie :001_wub: Good luck with the introductions and I hope they go smoothly.

8. Emma-Jayne

Emma-Jayne PetForums VIP

She's already my baby and loves her lickle football and her hidey box no interest in the £10 cat bed though bless her :rolleyes:

Moriarty has settled down now and is sleeping on the couch :)

9. Emma-Jayne

Emma-Jayne PetForums VIP

Quick update:

Moriarty is a lot happier and sleeping on the couch. I think he was worried I didn't love him anymore :eek: but I have been giving them equal time and lots of cuddles. I have made sure his routing hasn't been interupted (except for going out) and he is being very brave :eek:

Tabitha is very settled, she is playing with her ball and loving every min of it. She has eaten and used her tray :thumbup:

She is very adamant about not being in there. My dad told me to turn the light out and she went to bed. I have a special baby light :confused: I put it on a very low setting. I felt bad leaving her in the dark but she has gone all quiet and sleepy.

10. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

you sod! you stole my name! :p

shes very cute! :)

11. Emma-Jayne

Emma-Jayne PetForums VIP

Whoopsie :D

She's my first kitten as I have always had grown-ups I can't get over how teeney she is and how heavy Moriarty is after I 've been holding her!
    ;)

12. Emma-Jayne

Emma-Jayne PetForums VIP

Tabitha has been here a day and I have learned two things about her. First she is a licker! and second she likes to play on the computer, literally!

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice