Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Injured bird

Discussion in 'Bird Chat' started by Clairabella, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Clairabella

Clairabella PetForums VIP

I saw a cat had a bird in its mouth earlier this afternoon at about 2pm. I shoo’d the cat off and the little bird hopped off very slowly but went towards bottom of the tree next to my house.

Just been out in the garden and the little bird is tucked down in a gap by my gate in my garden.

So I just asked for advice in CC as I usually frequent there and I rang the rspca. They said that as it’s gone 5pm the likelihood is that no one will pick it up today/tonight.

I put in a box as advised, then the rspca realised it was a young bird and she said if I can see it’s parents to let it go. So my neighbour left it in the box and put it in sight for mum and dad bird.

Is there anything else I can do. I have a massive phobia. I can’t bring the bird indoors. Will the rspca even do anything at all with it being a normal bird? X

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice