Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

injections

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by we love bsh's, Mar 28, 2011.

1. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

hi i was wondering do some breeders give their animals injections themselfs:001_smile:

2. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

im not sure this is aloud, but i have known people do it (when my mum bought her JRT)

3. we love bsh's

thanx for the reply im not sure if its allowed either.

4. alisondalziel

alisondalziel PetForums VIP

Depends what injections you mean.:)

Vaccinations require a prescription so you would be unable to obtain them unless you were a veterinary professional.

I believe the only injections you are allowed to do yourself are those to treat diabetic animals.

Out of interest, why would you want to do them yourself? The thought of sticking a needle into one of my babies makes me rather faint!! :cryin:

5. HannahKate

HannahKate PetForums Senior

It depends what country you're in. It's not legal for an owner to give injections here in Slovakia but in the UK animals may be given injections by lay-people under veterinary direction. I have given my cat antibiotics, people give their cats insulin etc.

6. we love bsh's

i was just wondering after reading some threads was trying to work out who was giving there pets vac's.I didnt think it would be allowed. I take it ur not keen on needles:D

7. alisondalziel

alisondalziel PetForums VIP

I'm fine with needles, i've injected a few animals, having worked in animal welfare and had plenty myself, having 2 children!!

Just think it's the sort of thing that needs suitable training and veterinary guidance. Medication in the wrong hands could be fatal, that's why we have vets :)

8. HannahKate

HannahKate PetForums Senior

Which is why it's only legal to do at the direction of a vet. They would usually show you how to do it first and it would just be a subcutaneous or intramuscular one not intravenous.

9. we love bsh's

thanx for every1's replys interesting answers :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice