Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Information needed (and appreciated!)

Discussion in 'Ferrets' started by Hanna_95, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Hanna_95

Hanna_95 PetForums Newbie

hello! I am new to this page so if I'm doing anything wrong let me know! I am currently the owner to two beautiful ratties! But have been thinking about getting a ferret in the near future, I am fairly aware of the basic skills of care, but would like some help on my first question?...

So when the time comes I am planning on adopting two hobs together so other than me they also have company with each other and I've heard it's more fun! basically I wanted to know how to prevent possible fights? and would it be best too get them castrated to do so?

2. MAISYHUD123

MAISYHUD123 PetForums Newbie

If they get along from the get go it is unlikely that they will fight aslong as they are castrated. If you get two kits it will be important to get them castrated when they are old enough to stop fighting.

3. Hanna_95

Hanna_95 PetForums Newbie

Okay great Thank you!

4. Babyshoes

Babyshoes PetForums Senior

Yes, for ferrets the main thing is to get them neutered before they reach sexual maturity, whichever gender you get. Boys and girls can happily live together if they are all speyed or castrated. My current pair are brother and sister, and closely bonded.

However, the law of ferret maths says that while 2 is good (it's the minimum really), 3 is better, and 4 really isn't much more work. If you have 4, then no reason not to have 5 or 6 as long as you have space.... Etc

noushka05 and Hanna_95 like this.
  5. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

LOL I started off with one & ended up with six:D Six times the fun:p

Babyshoes likes this.
  6. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

Babyshoes likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice