Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Indoormess

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by GILL HARDY, Nov 4, 2007.

1. GILL HARDY

GILL HARDY PetForums Newbie

Hi Can U Help?

We Have J/russll Bitch 15 Months Old And Give Her 2 Or 3 Long Walks A Day & Lots Of Time In Large Garden Which She Really Loves One Good Meal A Day No Titbits But She Has To Poo & Wee 2 Or 3 Times A Day Indoors Even Though She Clears Out On Her Walks
    We Have Tried Everything We Can Think Of Dont Really Want To Keep Her As An Outdoor Dog But Are Getting Rather Frustrated
    With Her Although We Love Her To Bits Any Advice
    Out There Please Thanks Gill

2. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

Does she go to the toilet in the house when you are there or is it when she is left. Has she always done it ? or has it started recently. She is obviously happy to go to the toilet outside, so a visit to the vet to check any medical causes may be in order. I would also consider changing her food to one with high digestability such as Burns real food, less food that is not digestable means less waste.
    she may also just be confused about where is acceptable to go to the toilet, re-house train her as if she were a pup, take her out in to the garden regularly, stay with her until she has been to the toilet, and praise and reward her. Good Luck.

3. Red-River

Red-River Guest

Have to agree with Jenny I would start from scratch and re-train her as if she were a pup:)

4. cpatel

cpatel PetForums Junior

Hi

Jenny has given very good advice. I just wanted to say that I have a 10 point toilet training plan I use with owners and would be happy to forward to you if you would like (just email me). Also I came across a really good video in you tube that may help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT0prOa641w

Chirag

Chirag Patel DipCABT
    Certificate in Dog Psychology
    SF/SPCA Certs. Training & Behaviour and Dog Aggression
    Member of the APDT #00923

Email: cpatel@domesticatedmanners.com

5. growler1961

growler1961 PetForums Junior

have you ever thought of using a crate to aid in her toilet training ???
    very rare that a dog will mess its bed normally you will get the mess in doors because the dog will need to go when it wakes up by using a crate its much easier take the dog to the garden as you open the crate
    they soon catch on to this new routine
    put the dog in the crate when you are not able to watch it
    or when its been out for a walk leave the dog to sleep in the crate soon as you let the dog out you go to the garden watch untill you get the results you crave lots of praze
    honest its easy
    some people dont like this idear but it works and in no time will not be needed

6. jan-c

jan-c Guest

Have to agree. All mine have been trained this way.

7. junemzo

junemzo PetForums Newbie

8. junemzo

junemzo PetForums Newbie

do you lock the crate? my dog hates being in it lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice