Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Indoor Rabbits going outside

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by PurpleCrow, Jun 4, 2010.

1. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow PetForums VIP

Hi! I plan on getting rabbits next year (when I move into a house) but I dont want to keep them outside due to a number of reasons. Saying that I will want them to be able to spend time outside in a large run but, stupid question, is that OK? Or will it be a bit of a "culture shock" for them and cause more stress than anything?

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but I'm doing as much research as I can before I get the rabbits :eek:

2. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

during the summer months when the temp outside is about the same indoors it's ok, when you don't have to use your heating generally..

Make sure they are vaccinated and have some shelter from the sun

3. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

mine are indoor and play outdoors. Bugsy lived a year and a half outside in miserable conditions and then came to be indoors and he was fine.

4. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

My 3 rabbits live inside all year round and go out in a run outside when the weather is nice :eek: they really enjoy it, when it rains or snows etc they run around there own room indoors :D x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice