Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Indoor Rabbit Cage

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Tink82, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

If Pepsi doesn't settle his chewing down over the next few weeks he will have to go to his hutch outside (which I really don't want to do!!)

Up to now he has had the pantry but he hates it and we have a nightmare getting him in it, so I have been looking for an indoor cage that he can have all his bits in (I have a litter tray in my living room, it's a nice conversation starter) they kind that have a side door so he can come and go as he pleases and we can shut him in over night.

Any ideas where I can get a decent sized one that is as cheap as possible as I'm a poor unemployed student type :crying:

I have seen a pen in Argos for about £30 but something with a base and top would be better!!

Spanks in advance :)

2. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

PAH has some good ones we pretty much got the biggest one they had for Leo. I'm not sure how much it was though £50 maybe. He's in a pen now at night only and he's more than happy in there.

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Have you thought about a dog crate? You can get some reasonably priced ones on eBay.

4. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

P@H are about £50+, was looking for about £35-40 max if poss, I can always save a little!

Yes I contemplated a dog crate for him, pref with a base though as he is living on the carpet right now and I'm not sure how long it will last!!

I tried ebay but as they arecollection only there is generally FA in my area :(

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

6. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

That's ideal thanks, I worry some of the rabbit ones are not high enough as he loves standing on his back legs to have a nose around

7. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Yeh i agree dog crates are a good idea.

8. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

thats a great price

9. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

I got norman in a huge dog crate and I have added a shelf for him to sit on to! He seems to like it! x

10. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

Tink u could make one with NIC cubes but i dont think there a good price in the UK, t
    here are some indoor rabbit cages around ur price range but most of them are crap, full of plastic or only have top openings or openings rabbits trip over,
    I think a dog crate is best with some blankets in it,
    u could also make one using the thick plastic coated wire mesh u can buy at garden centres think its about a fiver a sheet, but I'm not sure how many u would need or how strong it would be

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice