Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Indoor Cat Noisy/Bored LOOKING FOR ADVICE/HELP

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Robynne Simpson, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Robynne Simpson

Robynne Simpson PetForums Newbie

Hey guys!

So just after Christmas me and my boyfriend adopted a 2 year old cat. He was previously a stray and has FIV so he’s got to stay indoors.

Everything was going fine until about 3-4 weeks ago when he started meowing/yowling a lot! It started in the mornings where he would come into bedroom and start meowing next to bed then getting in our faces meowing really loudly. We didn’t think much at first because he had been vocal from day one and we thought he may just want to be fed so we got a timer food bowl. Then he started going up to the food bowl after each meal and will yowl or meow really loudly but we feed him decent portion sizes so can’t imagine it’s hunger, we think he’s just quite greedy tbh! (The timer food bowl didn’t change anything because he’d just cry after eating)

Most of the day he’ll sleep and it’s now gotten to a point where when he’s awake he’ll just cry loudly and won’t settle down. We’ve tried just ignoring him and we’ve started shutting the bedroom door so he can’t come in in the mornings.

I’m starting to wonder whether a lot of it may be boredom, he doesn’t really play with toys unless he’s having a mad couple of minutes, so I’m at a loss as to what I can do if it’s a boredom thing.

I just wonder if anyone has experienced anything similar at all and what you’ve been able to do or whether anyone just has advice in general? Im starting to worry that this will never stop and that he might be suffering.

If anyone can help at all I’ll really appreciate it! No negativity please :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice