Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Indies first kill

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Amin, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

Our mc Indie Killed a bird Today, He got it from our Garden and brought it into The house (Dead). We have a big garden with trees and a lot of birds come in.

Is there any way to discourage this behaviour, Or is just natural in some cats to kill birds, He is always catching flies and other beasties.

We put a collar on him with a bell but guess he was too quick for that bird. We don't want him doing this as there is some nice birds in our garden.

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

My three all have collars with bells and they all still kill lots of wildlife around here, I hate it when they bring the bodies in but I cant think what else can be done apart from making them indoor cats, Im not prepared to do that to them as they have always been outdoor cats but next year when I get my mc he will be an indoor cat as he wont have known any different. I think you can get special collars that emit a sound when the cat goes into hunting stance but I dont know how effective they are.

3. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

cats can move stealthily enough to not make their bell jingle...

maybe a bell on the catflap if he uses one?

CDs on string to try stop birds landing *in* the garden? lowers your enjoyment but lowers the chances of him catching them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice