Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

"Indie, Stung By A Bee.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Amin, May 11, 2010.

1. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

I have been dreading this moment since Indie got out to discover our new Garden. As you can see from The Pic, Bees will be attracted to the bottom half of our garden.
    I,ve watched him jumping after the Bees and Batting them about with his massive paws, Today He actually came running up the garden with a Bee in his mouth :scared: before it somehow - Thankfully, Escaped.

He,s now licking one of his front paws and limping on it. Right now he,s sleeping and I,ve had a look at the paw, It seems OK, - But then again I don't really know what I,m looking for.

Is There any way I can discourage him from the Bees, Or will this be a lesson for him to remember.

Attached Files:

2. HoneyFern

HoneyFern PetForums VIP

I had a cat who got stung in her throat by something outdoors and her throat swelled up so much I had to get her to the vet ASAP. If it wasn't so serious it would have been funny cos she looked like a muppet. She needed antibiotics in her case but most of the time you can give a small amount of Piriton just to take the worse of the reaction away. My dog got stung once and was fine with antihistamine (sp).

3. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

My cat Henry was stung by a yellow jacket in the mouth (yes, he was trying to eat it, silly beast), and he was fine. It was a little scary--half his face swelled up massively, so he looked like an alien. But the vet was just up the road and said as long as he was drinking and breathing ok, he should be fine. And he was. Just slept it off. And of course, has not learned a valuable lesson. He will still stalk bees and yellow jackets every chance he gets. Luckily he's indoors, so it's only a very occasional danger :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice