Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Indie coughing after drinking water.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Amin, May 15, 2010.

1. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

Indie has started drinking water straight from the Tap, He jumps up next To The Tap when he,s thirsty, He drinks for about 20 secs then he starts to cough. I am a bit worried. He has just finished 2 weeks of antibiotics for his sneezing, That worked. Should I stop him from drinking straight from the Tap, We have recently had a new Boiler fitted and the water is very cold, Could that be the reason. He refuses to drink from his Bowl and will try to tip the water out. Any Advice is Welcomed.

Attached Files:

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Maybe he is drinking to fast or got some in his nose :confused: perhaps just let the tap dribble & see how he goes :)

3. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Do you think he would be as interested in a cat fountain that had a waterfall? Maybe that way he wouldn't need to crane his neck and nose up into the water, but down into the fountain.

Does that make sense? :eek:

4. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

Don't think a water fountain would be any different. He has also started Sneezing again so he,s going back to the vets for another check up.

5. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Oh dear hope he's ok x

6. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Hope he feels better soon :(

I will say though, those waterfalls are an excellent investment! We got one of the ones from Argos, and Rilly has never drank so much water, she loves it! It keeps nice a cool too, which is probably what tempts her even more. Maybe your cat only likes it from that tap because it's cool? Plus some of the waterfalls have a spout that makes it fall similar to how water falls from a running tap. Might be worth a shot, and even if it doesn't work you'll soon get your money back if you ebay it, they go for good prices on there even second hand.

7. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

Thanks, It does sound Tempting, As we will give Indie The best we can afford. Right now I am more concerned with his Sneezing/Coughing. This Morning he Sneezed about a dozen times in succession, My wife was nearly crying. Than a while later he sneezed once and a load of phlegm Came up, Glad he got it out, But obviously something's not right. So its back to the Vets Tomorrow. - which isnt cheap by the way, Will keep you all posted. Thanks.

8. fishtankswimming

fishtankswimming PetForums Member

I've got a water fountain too and one of mine coughs like he is choking all the time, after he has had a drink. Mind you it only lasts for a few seconds and then he is running around like normal. My other one has just started doing it now too :(. The vet has had a look and can't see anything in his throat or nose that would cause it. x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice