Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Indian stick insects

Discussion in 'Insects , Snails and other exotic pets' started by mckala, Nov 5, 2007.

1. mckala

mckala PetForums Newbie

Hello. I am over run with stick insects. If anybody would like to take some please contact me.

2. furball

furball PetForums Newbie

Hi Id take some but I think distance may be a problem, I already keep snails and some stick insects and love them !;)

3. Oh - I like your avatar pic!

4. furball

furball PetForums Newbie

Thanks I liked it and so true of my cats they always get on the pc and press buttons when Im typing.

5. frau

frau PetForums Newbie

Hi!
    Am looking for 4 stick insects for a short film I am working on to have in children's calssroom.. If you have too many could I get some from you??? Am finding hard to find them in Pet Shops..I am in London, maybe you have some suggestions??
    Francesca

6. angelsar

angelsar PetForums Newbie

Hi, i've just purchased 4 Parapachymorpha zomproi nymphs (Thai stick insects). I have being doing all the research I can to make their existence as comfortable as possible. Unfortunately, some say that they only eat bramble and others say bramble, oak, rose, privet etc. What can I feed them to ensure they grow to healthy egg laying adults.

7. angelsar

Please Help

8. angelsar

PLEASE HELP!!!

My baby stick insect, 12 days old is dying. She has not eaten since she was born. she was fine last night but now she is incredibly weak and keeps curling her legs in. She keeps falling over.
    I have tried to place food under her mouth and also water but no go.
    Can anyone please help me as i dont want to lose her.
    I know its most probably inevitable that she will die very shortly but the more i do, the better the outcome may be.

#8 angelsar, Oct 8, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  9. Acrophylla

Acrophylla PetForums Member

Most baby Indian stick insects live, but some do die even though they have food and water. You've done the right thing giving it some water on the privet leaf or bramble leaf. But it sounds as though it's not going to make it; it's not you fault, you've done everything you could.

10. amandamac

amandamac PetForums Newbie

hi, i bought a gage as i wanted to start looking after stick insects, unfortunatly the eggs i got out of 10 only 1 hatched, if you are still looking for a home i would like to accomodate your request on recieving some of your eggs many thanks

amanda:thumbup1:

11. RAC

RAC PetForums Newbie

Hello,
    I live in Lancashire outside Ramsbottom, (15 mins drive from Manchester). I would like to keep stick insects and saw your message. Are they easy to keep, I have a tank I used to keep clownfish and shrimps in, 60 litre starter tank with lights and heater if necessary, I would happily take some off your hands if you think they're suitable pets for me and my children. I don't drive ,but I could get a lift to pick them up next month, unless you're in a rush to rehome and travel in this direction often anyway. Have a think about it, I'm going to research them, then I can give you my phone number. Could do a swop if you like, as me and my partner are artists.
    thanks,
    Rachel.

12. RAC

RAC PetForums Newbie

Hello again,
    I've done my research now and think they'd make great pets for the children. I'd love to take some off you. How do I get in touch with you now, do I post my phone number on this site or not.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Rachel.

13. hannah montana

hannah montana PetForums Junior

saw some in pets at home... scary

14. artpallette55

artpallette55 PetForums Newbie

hi i have some indian stick insect eggs ,
    corsiuos morosiuos ,

i often sell them on ebay . there are other peoples adverts for between
    20 eggs £1 .. to 400 eggs for £2.0

chris in somerset .
    :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice