Indian Ringneck poor feathers

Discussion in 'Bird Health and Nutrition' started by Craig osborne, May 10, 2018.

1. Craig osborne

Craig osborne PetForums Newbie

Hi just wondering if anyone can help my mother's Indian Ringneck chest feathers are gone all he has from neck to feet is the under down feathers just like fluff he's been like it a while and they never grow back.

Attached Files:

2. sadia mohammad

sadia mohammad PetForums Newbie

HI, the right thing to do is to take him to the vet , there can be many reasons.....may be nutrition deficiency or an infection .One of my rescue birds had poor feathers , i changed her diet , give her variety ...fruits, pallets, greens.. egg food etc and now she is much better.It is difficult for them to accept it first than introducing them slowly and in a fun way , they will start enjoying it than.There are supplements available from pets at home , i find them very good, you dissolve them in water and give it to them .As i said there can be many issues....Does he gets attention , is he tame ,does he got time out of cage ,do you have any more birds? sometimes when they are left out, they start plucking.....it can be any thing. may be bacterial infection? ...i think the best thing to do is to take him to vet , and stop things before they get out of hands. I hope and pray that he gets well soon!
    Hope this will help.
    Thanks