Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Indestructible Squeaker Toys?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by winterrose, May 20, 2017.

1. winterrose

winterrose PetForums Senior

Does anyone have any recommendations of indestructible squeaker toys? Micheie loves squeaky toys, and is now only down to one because she destroyed the other three!

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Sadly no
    You can get "tough" toys but if a dog is a determined squeaker remover and killer they will always succeed ;)
    The fun of the toy is to kill the squeaker :D
    Our last boy had a record of 2 minutes from brand new toy to remove and destroy a squeaker - even bought him a "tough" toy once and he used his teeth to undo the stitching :D

ForestWomble and Babyshoes like this.
  3. SixStar

SixStar Banned

There aren't any.

The Kong Squeez range is quite durable, but no sqeauky toy will withstand persistent chewing or those dogs that are insistent on de-squeaking it (Harvey I'm looking at you!)

4. steveshanks

steveshanks PetForums VIP

Latex, first one we bought (zooplus egg) i thought that'll last 5 minutes but 2 years later its as good as new

5. Singlefish

Singlefish PetForums Junior

We went through a lot of expensive ones with Freya in her first couple of months, however, I got her a squeaky space hopper from Tesco for three quid that she has played with most days for about 4 months and it's still going strong.

I agree that part of the fun is to kill the squeaky, but at least take more than 5 minutes!

The toy in the pic was cheapish at Tesco again and is still a favourite. The long part crackles like a plastic bottle (another favourite) and there's a squeaky in the short bit.

P_20170324_093421.jpg

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  6. winterrose

winterrose PetForums Senior

I'll add these to my list and will be making a Zooplus order soon! I'll also pop into Tesco and pick up that spacehopper toy!

7. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Well good luck with that. Mine have destroyed loads of Spacehoppers (I bulk buy them from agility shows).

The only thing my 9 mth old pup hasn't destroyed, although it's very tatty around the edges, is a Tuffy Ultbone from mydogtoy.com. It was a gift from a friend.

8. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Look out at your local Aldi for when they do dog toys..they do similar squeaky toys to the zooplus egg that last mine a while...but its obviously when they have them in.

Don't waste your money on the ones that say they squeak even when destroyed..they are rubbish in my opinion.

I think we had a different small Kong toy than already mentioned, and it was a blue hippo, it seemed to last, and wasn't particularly expensive. So a good look at Kong toys maybe worth a shot.

Echo what everyone else says, the game is to stop the squeal...so that's that! Nothing will last.

9. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

Armitage 'Wallace and Gromit' toys have withstood my boys sudden kill the toys episode.

10. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Dillon is a squeaker killer but he doesn't destroy the toys and will still play with them.

I got a bag of squeakers on-line and just unpick the toy take the old one out, replace it.

11. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

We have a Kong Wubba that has survived Tango's power jaws for some months.

12. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Elliot destroys everything. I find myself in a catch 22 because I don't want to spend money on expensive toys if he's going to destroy them, but then again the expensive ones might hold up a bit better.

13. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

14. steveshanks

steveshanks PetForums VIP

Pip destroys anything Fluffy BUT he has a fluffy cheeseburger that he shoplifted 2 years ago, he loves it and its like new. I wish we could read there minds.

On the shoplifting we were about 50 yards from the shop when a little girl commented on how cute the little dog was with his toy, i looked around then realized it must be mine LOL, we went back and paid of course.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice