Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Indestructable toys

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by dickybirdclocks, Apr 5, 2011.

1. dickybirdclocks

dickybirdclocks PetForums Junior

My pup seems to be on a mission to prove there is no such thing as an indestructable toy,Kongs the octopus type are threadbare after a couple of days use - solid rubber balls have chunks missing - string of sausages are minus the noses - unstuffed skunk today has had many fibres removed from his back .Even carpets and rugs appear to puppy to be toys to be de threaded,.

2. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

my westie does exactly the same! i havent bought him a new toy in ages cause he just rips them to bits x

3. SixStar

SixStar Banned

I've found black Kongs, the ultra strong Nylabones and Boomer balls to be pretty much the only things I've trust my lot with unsupervised. Anything else the Mastiff can chew through within minutes if not redirected!

Giant Extreme Black Kong Dog Chew Treat Toy | Pets at Home
    Product Finder | By Product Type | Non-Edible for Powerful Chewers
    http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/products/toys-and-games/boomer-ball the boomer balls are tested on zoo animals, so extremely tough!

Stagbars are also good, great for chewing and my lot love throwing them about (just mind your toes!) Our products | Pure Dog | Stagbar antler dog chews | natural dog treats | organic dog snacks | hypoallergenic dog chews | long-lasting dog chews | teeth cleaning dog chews | low fat dog treats

#3 SixStar, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  4. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

5. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

We can't let Harvey have any toys as he destroys them all - even the indestructable ones! Am interested in that Stagbar though, might try him on one of those. Do you know if they break into pieces as I would be afraid of him choking on it.

6. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Didnt know there were indestructable toys. :blink: What ever manufacturer came up with that bright idea to call toys that, have obviously never met my two. :eek: To be honest, apart from a couple of balls for when we're out, the boys are more happy with the sock spider that they play tug with. Or a carrot or ice cube to chew on.

7. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

Stag bar-not indestructible but takes forever to chew through (search in health section)

My lot are having some of their food delivered through an extreme kong. They're currently occupied with these, taking ages cos I froze them-mean mummy!

8. dickybirdclocks

dickybirdclocks PetForums Junior

Trial and error i suppose - i am wary of something the breeder told me regarding getting tug type toys that can cause teeth problems long term if used to early also i was told to avoid the kong type that you hide treats in because in an attempt to get treats the dog uses teeth also with chance of damaging them .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice