Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

In two or three years I'm going to be

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by nixie1990, Jun 23, 2010.

1. nixie1990

nixie1990 PetForums Member

A dog behaviourist :)

Lol
    I'm 20, and its taken me up to now to decide what I actually want to do.
    I'm a dog walker at the moment, but behaviour is more my passion :)

I have got quite a lot of experience with dogs already but I'm going to go on lots of short courses/seminars etc, try and get my clicker training certificate (found it on a website CAP 1,2,3)
    And if I can, I'll do some work experience with a behaviourist. (Definitely don't want to rush in and start working, to then end up with a bad reputation for not knowing enough!)

Sorry, this thread is a tad pointless but its nice to finally have an idea what to do with my life.

2. Stephny691

Stephny691 PetForums Senior

22 on Tuesday and still don't have a clue what to do with my life lol, so don't worry about it taking you to 20.
    Congrats on finding your way forward though! And such a brilliant job too, bet you're looking forward to getting started?
    xxxx

3. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Good luck hun!
    For the past 3 years I've been doing courses in Media and have now decided it's not what I want to do.
    I'm 19 and just decided I'm gonna do courses to become a dog trainer.

4. tripod

tripod PetForums VIP

Wohoo congrats - CAP certification is great. You'll have no prob with CAP1 and prob CAP2 but CAP3 is tough so best of luck with that.

Have a look at the APBC's website so as to get an idea of the requirements needed to become a behaviourist. They list courses and study routes - any queries feel free to ask - best of luck :)

5. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Aww cool, all the best! I'm training to be a dog trainer at the moment and being sent on a dog behaviour course!! It's really good and interesting and so satisfying to teach the people to teach their dogs!! I'm just assisting with obedience classes at the moment but so far so good *touch wood*

All the best, and good luck for the future hun xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice