Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

In search of high quality kitten/cat food

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Han_07, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Han_07

Han_07 PetForums Newbie

Hi guys.
    First time I'm posting on this thread after following various other threads trying to find answers.
    I wanted some advice on what to feed my 9-month-old kitten.Since, I got him last June I have been feeding him Applaws dry kitten food and various Canagan tinned meals since that time. However, he has recently (last two months) become very picky and is wasting a lot of the Canagan chicken variety tins. It's certainly not a cheap food to waste.
    I've also cut down on his dry food because the vet said he was getting tubby.

Could anyone recommend a similar complete food or something nutritious?

2. Arny

Arny PetForums Senior

There's a pinned thread at the top of this section with many good quality foods sold on zooplus, an online shop. They tend to be much cheaper than you'd pay for similar products sold in pet shops such as natures menu. Cat's can tend to get bored which is what might have happened with the canagan so adding a few others foods that they like should help.
    I don't feed any dry.

3. Arny

Arny PetForums Senior

From zooplus I feed, Catz fine foods, wild freedom, macs, feringa, garanatapet, Animonda carny, smilla and thrive. Thrive is similar to canagan.
    As with any food introduce new ones slowly and it may take time for yours to come round to different textures if they've only known canagan.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice