Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

In need of help

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Saf16, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Saf16

Saf16 PetForums Newbie

Hi all, I am new to the forum but I have recently had an issue with my cat.
    Two days ago she came back from a 1 week stay at the cattery. As far as settling back in it’s been as good as we could hope for however, that is not the problem. Our neighbour owns a cat who ours was on relatively good terms with, they’d come calling for each other would bathe in the sun together etc, they just seemed like good friends. However, since saf (our cat) has been back they do not seem to like each other at all! The neighbours cat will now meow constantly at the doors ( she did this before, however it almost seems to be in a mocking way now ) and will lay down outside almost to say as if it her land now ! This really seems to irritate saf as when the door was open yesterday and she tried to attack the cat ! And then tonight, I could hear a really nasty cat fight outside the front door and had to come outside to make them stop!I bribed my cat to come indoors with treats and it was like a staring contest between them both with each laying sideways on either side of the patio ! I’m not really worried about saf because I’m sure she can hold her own but I’m just a bit worried that they’re no longer friends and just wish I could do something to mend their relationship! Any help would be appreciated if you could describe their behaviour or what I could do to alleviate tension!

2. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

Your cat now smells very different after being in the cattery and this might be upsetting for the neighbours cat. if you can stroke your cat and transfer the scent to the neighbours cat they might realise they are infact friends. This is the only thing I can think of for their behaviour.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice