Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Impossible field

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kare, May 5, 2016.

1. kare

kare PetForums VIP

There is a field not far from us which really blows my mind

I swear it is like a physical representation of a Escher picture or something like the Penrose steps

It is hard to describe and doesnt show very well in the pictures but due to its shape you walk in and every direction is down hill it seems, but then from the bottom, as in the pictures, there is a top corner which seems impossible to exist because it is so far uphill in a direction where you feel you have gone flat or even down...I have enclosed pictutes of going up from the middle and you can kind of see how the path to the "peak" shows flatter and flatter the closer you get

Sorry it makes no sense, but trust me inside it it feels very dizzying and disorientating.

20160504_110433.jpg 20160504_110404.jpg 20160504_110357.jpg

Rott lover and lullabydream like this.
  2. steveshanks

steveshanks PetForums VIP

I sort of see what you mean, its all wonky LOL

kare likes this.
  3. Aahlly

Aahlly PetForums VIP

I actually have a patch of woodland I visit which has a very similar shape and it's weird. :confused: The whole walk feels flat or downhill but then suddenly you're at the top looking down over the trees? I love that walk because it's easy on my wrecked knee but more interesting than just walking on a flat field.

kare likes this.
  4. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

There's a road in Scotland that you swear is downhill until you drive along it. Or is it the other way round. I'm sure a Scot will come along and put me right.

kare likes this.
  5. jamat

jamat PetForums VIP

you mean this

Siskin likes this.
  6. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

That's the one.

There's a road near us that appears to be flat, but you need to accelerate quite hard to go along it, same coming the other way. It appears to be just a very gentle down hill slope until you realise how you have suddenly speeded up and needing to brake fairly hard before coming to a sharp bend.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice