Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Importing to GCCF from TICA-specific details

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Furfection, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Furfection

Furfection PetForums Junior

Hello all

I have a TICA registered cat in Britain.
    I'm looking to import him to GCCF for an upcoming show.

I have his TICA registration certification, and the breeder's own pedigree ie himself and 4 generations before him.

GCCF say they require 5 generations before him, due to his breed type.
    MY questions are :-

1)Would all cats automatically have 5 generations before them if they are TICA registered?
    I'd ask the breeder but her health isn't good at the moment.
    Would TICA advise that? I'd assume both his parents are TICA.

2)How long should it take to signed a signed, sealed, stamped certificate to a British address?

3)Does a telephone number exist where I might be able to find the answers?

Unfortunately TICA are very slow, and their enquiry system is like dealing with robots.
    I cant find a phone number that might be of help.

Many thanks

#1 Furfection, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  2. Rufus15

Rufus15 Banned

In answer to your questions:

1) Yes all TICA registered cats will have 5 generations+ behind them. You need to get a certified pedigree from TICA, you can't use the breeder-provided pedigree

2) It took about a week or so for me to receive my pedigree from TICA

3) You can email the general enquiry email with your cats details (SBT #, SIRE & #, dam & #)

Make a payment via PayPal and include your receipt number in your email. I found it much quicker to deal with them via email than telephone, the people on the end of the phone don't seem to understand any accent other than American :Banghead

Furfection likes this.
  3. lillytheunicorn

lillytheunicorn PetForums VIP

Not necessarily will they have 5 generations, you only need a 3 generation pedigree to import into TICA so if a parent was imported in with 3 generations then they would only hold 4 generations.

Are the cat registration numbers on the breeders pedigree? If they are look at the 3rd generation and if they all have SBT numbers you will be fine,

Furfection and 1CatOverTheLine like this.
  4. Furfection

Many thanks for your replies both.
    TICA were really quick in sending out the pedigree. I phoned them and they confirmed my kitten has 5 generations ahead.

"Only" about £150 to export from TICA, import to GCCF and register for a show. He's neutered too!
    Feel like I've been mugged!: D
    Only joking, it should be fun!

5. Hife

Hife PetForums Newbie

Fir

Furfection likes this.
  6. Hife

Hife PetForums Newbie

Sorry, I hit send before I finished. I am a newbie. furfection, did you end getting your kitten from the breeder you were concerned about last summer?

Furfection likes this.
  7. Furfection

Nope. Didn't get a kitten from the one who had mixed reviews last Summer. ANd didn't really get to the bottom of all of it.

Got my kitten from another breeder who was absolutely fantastic. Striking kitten, really lovely people.
    And he gets on great with my older cat.
    Glad I searched round for exactly what I wanted.

8. Hife

Hife PetForums Newbie

Thanks for letting me know. I think we have been talking to the same person and I’m trying to research also

Furfection likes this.
  9. Rufus15

Rufus15 Banned

It's certainly not cheap! Do look at giving TICA shows a go as well, you might as well given your cat is registered. Have a look at FIFé too :D

10. Furfection

Will certainly look at TICA as next port of call. It was just that the GCCF show was far closer to me, so an easier trip for my kitten.
    I'm not a breeder, just I wanted to be inquisitive. Personally I think my younster is perfect. But I know judges/organisations don't always have the same notion of what cats should be. I chose mine because he matched my ideas and colours etc.
    I'm not paying another £150 tho :D hehe

11. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

The style of shows is quite different between associations, if I were in the U.K. I’d not choose GCCF as the style is not what I’d enjoy for showing cats.

Furfection and Rufus15 like this.
  12. Rufus15

Rufus15 Banned

You don't have to be a breeder to get the show bug ;) the neuter sections are more competitive than the entire section!

FIFé you can show without registering first, to try it out :) and if course you're already registered in TICA so certainly won't be as expensive again

I have to agree with this for the most part. GCCF is closed judging and its not ideal for many cats. TICA and FIFé are ring judged where you handle the cats yourself and they manage that much better

#12 Rufus15, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Furfection likes this.
  13. Furfection

Mine would probably decide he wants to do his "police dog in takedown training" routine. :D

#13 Furfection, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice