Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Important Veterinary Survey for Cat Owners

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Darren Carwardine, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Darren Carwardine

Darren Carwardine PetForums Newbie

For the attention of all cat owners.

The University of Bristol and the Animal Health Trust are conducting a survey to find out important information on owners views of different treatment options for an important condition affecting cats.

There is a link for the survey below. You don't need any prior knowledge of the condition as it is all explained in the survey. It should take less than 10 minutes to complete.

https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/awb/felinesarcoma

If we gather enough information from enough people it will help guide future developments and the treatment of this condition.

For any sceptics of links on forums you can search for me on the University of Bristol website and the survey organiser Kelly Bowlt on the Animal Health Trust website. All contact details are on the opening page of the survey.

I hope we get a good response from you all.
    I will keep the forum up to date with the results as they develop.

Kind Regards,
    Darren Carwardine BVSc MRCVS

https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/awb/felinesarcoma

2. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

That's very interesting. I read the introduction but I didn't completed the questionnaire because I don't live in the UK (many of the PF members don't) and I thought it might mess up your stats.

Anyway, let me know if it would be interesting for your research to have non-UK residents completing the questionnaire.

3. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

I've completed it - happy to help.

I also think the frequency of vaccinations needs to be looked at & addressed.

In many cases the vaccines last for more than 12 months but we're told it has to be done every 12 months (and many insurers insist on this).

My current vets say that it's fine to do it every 18 months & the vaccines will last that long - so why do we have to do it every 12 if that's the case?

Re the location of the vaccine - having read the introduction, losing a bit of tail would be much more preferable IMHO.

4. yankeedo

yankeedo PetForums Junior

I've also completed the survey, happy to help. Our 8 year old cat (who was 6 ish at the time), developed a large lump in her scruff after a routine vaccination. It was a very traumatic time for all of us. Thankfully it was not cancer, but she is now given injections in the leg.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice