Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Imac fantasy

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by thedogsmother, Jul 24, 2009.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Getting an imac fantasy tonight for Spike, Cordelia and Willow. Do you think it will be big enough for the three girls (they are Campbells dwarf hamsters) but I have never seen the cage in real life so I don't actually know how big it is, also how much would you pay for this cage, I hope I haven't overpaid:(.

[​IMG]

They are in a Savic Cambridge at the moment so I think it is a bigger cage than that, oooh and I will have two spare Cambridges just in case they start fighting in the future.

2. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

The Imac is much bigger than it looks. I paid £35 for the setup you are buying there...but it was collection only and that is why I got it sooo cheap. It was in very good condition. It is plenty big enough for 3 russians!! :D

They will love it. How much did you pay? x

3. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

iv been thinking about getting one of these. just and excuse to get some more rodents really. lol. let me know if its any good.

4. thedogsmother

I am getting it tonight and paying £40 it includes the wheel, house etc but I don't think those wheels are safe so I won't be using it.

5. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

£40 is a bargain TDM!!!! :D Well done. Those wheels are horrible!

eeeekkkk...your hammies will love it x

6. thedogsmother

Lmao, don't have spare cages, its fatal. I am telling myself that the spare Cambridges are there in case they fight but I will probably end up filling them with someone before long. I will let you know what I think when I get it home.

7. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

Cool looking cage.

8. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I want one!!!! Personally wouldn't keep 3 hamsters together though.

9. thedogsmother

It is lovely but they are being a bit dense about the tubes :rolleyes:.
    I have looked into it a lot, apparently Campbells are the least likely to fight and mother and daughter/sister Campbells are usually very good together. However I have two spare Cambridges so even the slightest sign of fighting and they will be seperated. I have done the usual scatter feeding and three of everything etc so keep your fingers crossed for me that they can stay together.

10. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Aww that's a lovely cage and well worth it with all those levels. Just keep an eye on the doors though because I had an imac for my last syrian and the door became very loose and I ended up having to hold it in place with clothes pegs or the hamster would have got out.:eek:

11. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

I'm sure they will be okay with the tunnels once they get used to. Hamsters can take time to properly adapt to a new home, I've found.

12. thedogsmother

I thought I remembered someone doing a thread about that problem, was that you Jazzy? I have tested the doors now just in case and they seem quite tight so I don't think there will be a problem, also they are just tiddly hamsters, not big Syrian bruisers:D.

Willow is still on the bottom floor today so I have put water and food down there just in case she can't work it out:rolleyes:. She really isn't the brightest spark:D.

13. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I think Foxy also had a problem with the door opening and her hamster escaping and I don't think it was a syrian one.:confused:

Yes the problem with syrians is they keep chewing the bars don't they so that probably weeked the door a bit. If they are tight now they should be okay.:)

14. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

lol, hopefully Willow will catch on fast. :)

15. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

My doors are all ok. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice