Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

"I'm your mum"

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by egyptianreggae, Oct 10, 2013.

1. egyptianreggae

egyptianreggae PetForums VIP

I've noticed lately that during their boisterous wrestling matches (which Tiny enjoys a lot more than Simba) Tiny seems obsessed with trying to gently bite Simba's neck, causing Simba a good deal of consternation. Is this because it's how mother cats carry their kittens? Is Tiny asserting his dominance over his long-suffering little grey buddy by doing this? While watching him doing it, I always imagine Tiny saying, "ha! See that? I'm your mum! I'M your MUM!" Do anybody else's cats do this?

2. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

I believe it's just a dominance thing, tom-cats do this to queens to hold them still during mating, and males in general do it to reinforce their superior status in the pecking order. Not sure if females do it as well, but then again I've had no chance to see - Charlie always smacks Lori upside the head long before wrestling would ensue! :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice