UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And boy its bringing back memories:D

Brilliant he was, and all at the time I was in love with my many boyfriends:eek::eek::eek:

Probably too old for you lot to remember:D:D

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Only very slightly before my time but still love him.
Not watching though...husbands watching news.and I'm off to bed.:Yawn:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
he died when i was 3, oh how i would have loved to have seen them live, i love Queen :)
i am recordeing the documentary as im watching highlander :)

·
Mentored by Meeko
26,455 Posts
Brings back so many sad memories of the day I heard on the news that Freddie had died.(yes I'm old ;))
He has to be one of the most talented singer/songwriters ever.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
The first single I ever bought was Crazy little thing called love :thumbsup:

I nearly got into a fight the day after Freddie died , I was in a second hand record shop I used to hang around all the time , and me and the owner were discussing Freddie and Queen and some guy came out with 'well he deserved to die the f'ing fairy' , really got me :mad:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I've still got loads of news paper cuttings from when Freddie died,don't know why I've hung on to them, I've been listening to the sheer heart attack and queen 1 albums this morning :)

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
maybe one day Queen will find a singer equal to fred vocally but i doubt anyone will equal him in stage presence

Journey recruited a new singer when Steve Perry left, the new guy had been in in a tribute band, vocally almost identical

Original with Steve Perry

Journey - Don't Stop Believin' (Live In Tokyo 1983) HQ - YouTube

New boy Arnel Pineda

Journey - Don't Stop Believing (Arnel Pineda) - Revelation DVD - YouTube

Dont get me wrong, Paul Rodgers - fantastic singer, ex-Free, ex-Bad Company etc, but didnt quite seem right for Queen

Paul Rodgers - Free - Wishing Well - YouTube

·
Registered
151 Posts
Freddie was the ultimate showman and so talented. He had a fascinating personality, I,m old so worshipped him and Queen, when I was young nobody knew anything about him being gay and I was so innocent I didnt believe it when he was outed. Those were the days where stars kept it so quiet. I remember Liberace and Rock Hudson dying of Aids and it was front page news. looking back now all the signs were there with him, George Michael, Elton etc. We,ve come so far in 30 years that its now perfectly acceptable.

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
The great go young

Fred
Paul Kossof (Free)
Jim Morrison (The Doors)
Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy)
Bon Scott (AC/DC)
Keith Moon (The Who)
John Bonham (Led Zep)
Gary Moore (God himself) (Thin Lizzy - sometimes)
Syd Barrett (Pink floyd)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
maybe one day Queen will find a singer equal to fred vocally but i doubt anyone will equal him in stage presence

Journey recruited a new singer when Steve Perry left, the new guy had been in in a tribute band, vocally almost identical

Original with Steve Perry

Journey - Don't Stop Believin' (Live In Tokyo 1983) HQ - YouTube

New boy Arnel Pineda

Journey - Don't Stop Believing (Arnel Pineda) - Revelation DVD - YouTube

Dont get me wrong, Paul Rodgers - fantastic singer, ex-Free, ex-Bad Company etc, but didnt quite seem right for Queen

Paul Rodgers - Free - Wishing Well - YouTube
I don't think they could ever find a replacement for him,he was unique.
I went to Newcastle arena to see Queen and Paul Rodgers in may 2005 it was a brilliant night,the atmosphere was electric, I was standing at the very front and remember saying to my friend if we needed the loo wed have to pee our pants there was no way we were loosing our place, and although we were buzzing when the concert finished there was still one thing missing .....Freddie

·
Slave to the Hairy Hikers
12,358 Posts
Queen are - as everyone knows - the greatest rock band in the world - ever
And so they were.
Absolutely brilliant. They are all very talented, but Freddie was a musical genius... And if anyone has any doubts, just listen to Barcelona. A true masterpiece. The mere fact that a first class opera singer like her would work with him, during a time whwn rock and classical music were still worlds apart, is all the proof one would ever need.

I had the great fortune to see them perform once in Holland.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.