Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Im very sad.. and have slight excitement

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by momentofmadness, Apr 30, 2011.

1. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Is it right to feel both of these at the same time.. and it is leaving me with the feeling of a dilema..

Lisa Simpson Passed away last weekend..
    RIP Lisa..
    It upset me greatly. In fact its still upsetting me now..
    I cleaned her cage out yesterday and sterilised everything, Popped all the toys back in.. :( And its sat there empty.. I keep looking at it and looking for Lisa.. And she has gone.. I even thought i heard her the other night.. But when I looked in there.. she wasn't there..

She was a very cheeky little hammi and I am missing her greatly...

I know I have Chewie Bear, Princess Neeco and Mario.. and I have the rats. But they aren't with me in my bedroom.. :(

Bit weird but I used to chat to Lisa and tell her what was going on on here.. She used to look at me as if to say.. Really.. :(

My Dilema.. I know of some baby Mice.. they aren't ready yet.. But I have been offered some.. I said I wouldn't get more Mice after Bill and Ben and Peter and Paul...
    But I dont know whether its me being silly and just needed to fill the empty cage... cause its sat there or.. I really want the little Mice.. Ive seen them and they are adorable..

I dont know what to do.. :(

My mum said I should make do with who I have.. because the little furries don't have long lives.. She seen how upset I was about Lisa and all who have passed.. :(
    I understand what she is saying .. But don't know what to do.. She was even slightly encouraging me to get a patterdale this week.. I think she was thinking it may take a bit more of my time up.. :) :(

2. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

aww i kinda know the feeling its taken me nearly 2 yrs to think of getting small furries again :(

although i cant help with the fact that im totally in love with them again, i think if you really want them then there wont be any doubts you'll know that these can be right for you. i think if you doubt getting them then maybe some more time is needed.

xx

3. momentofmadness

I wouldn't mind i was going to get some mice.. I have been back and too to the RSPCA for a while now and they just haven't had any in.. :(

But Lisa going has kinda screwed my brain slightly.. :(

4. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

hugs maybe it's better to wait and little longer, she sounds like she was more then a hamster, she sounds like a friend, a confident, and more what a special little girl. xx

5. momentofmadness

She was a super crazy critter.. That was as wild as can be when she came..
    You still had to be very careful with your fingers around her.. :lol: she wouldn't think twice about getting you.. :eek:
    I had her in my room as she wasn't safe for the kids to handle.. .. I dont normally have them in my room.. as they are meant to be the kids.. The rats are mine.. :)

I mentioned the Mice yesterday and the kids thought I may get them for them.. I said nope if I do get them.. then they will be mine.. They were a bit shocked and Jamie did pass comment with aren't the Rats yours.. .. I said yes but their cages are too big for my room.. And I like to watch what the crazy critters are up too.. :)

Lisa and I used to share my food if I had something in my room.. as do the rats when Im downstairs.. :)

Bit weird looking at the empty cage.. A bit weird I think as well that I didn't want to clean it out.. :( I'd cleaned it out that day.. :(

6. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Do you live with your mum still? Just wondering why she is influencing your decision :)

7. momentofmadness

:lol: Blimey no.. :) Im a 36 year old single mum.. :D

Im very close with my mum.. :) does that make sense.. If I get new furies.. I always tell the kids not to mention them.. :lol:

I gues I am still out to please my mum even though I haven't lived with her for years.. :lol:

Plus if something happened to me.. who do you think would have to look after them.. :) My Mum.. :lol:

8. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

lmao! we have just done the same, oliver was only found out by her today as she came up and i was going to keep the ratties secret till i had them but she caught was looking at the cage lmao! i havnt loved at home since i was 18!

9. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Awww am sorry about Lisa Simpson hun!!! RIP little one!

I am obviously very biased...but meeces are great pets! Never owned a Patterdale so can't compare! Maybe both..... ;)

10. magpie

magpie PetForums VIP

Very sorry to hear about little Lisa hon :(

Your mum sounds exactly the same as mine. She is worried about how upsetting it is for me when lose my rats (especially at the moment after losing both Merlin and Bandit this week), which is why we have mutually decided that I won't get any more and she wants to buy me a puppy in a year or so :eek:

11. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Im so sorry, they do have their own little personalities and you do miss them,
    we had a few hammies when my daughter was younger and they were great, you get so attached to them.

If the little mice need a home, and you really do feel you are ready then it might be a good idea, nothing will replace Lisa of course, its just a matter, of knowing that unfortuanately as your mum said, they dont have long lifes and its just a matter if you can accept that you might not have them that long, or not as opposed to other animals anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice