Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I'm stuck....

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by hollieA, May 9, 2017.

1. hollieA

hollieA PetForums Newbie

Hi...I am in need of some advice..
    I have 2 cats and they have just had to have been treated for fleas and they are no longer itching or shaking and I no longer see any fleas on them.
    Now my youngest cat (3 years old) does normally sleep with me but I hadn't been allowing her due to the fleas.
    But she is stubborn and once she had been treated she and was clean of fleas she had snuck and slept in bed with me.
    I know she has not got fleas but I have been getting itchy at night and have been getting little red itchy dots on my skin for around 2 nights. However I have not seen any fleas on my bedding or mattress and have had my bedding and mattress hoovered and treated before all this started.
    Am I being paranoid? Or is there fleas and I just can't see them?

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

There could be as the eggs might have dropped off in the carpet, etc. - the life cycle is around 2-3 weeks, I believe.

You can buy sprays for the house and vacuuming relentlessly for that period will hopefully break the cycle.

Cat fleas will bite humans, but they won't live on us so don't worry about it too much.

What do the spots look like? Google an image and compare them.

Matrod, stockwellcat. and moggie14 like this.
  3. hollieA

hollieA PetForums Newbie

I don't have carpet or anything in my room and the person I am living with has both cats sleeping with her in her room and has not had any trouble. So I still feel stuck on what seems to be biting me.
    The bites are red bumps with a white centre which dont look like flea bites but ive never dealt with fleas before this.
    Even after going through my bedding i found nothing....

4. cows573

cows573 PetForums Senior

My guess would be that they are flea bites, especially after your cats recently having had fleas.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice