Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I'm so happy I could cry and it's all thanks to my PF Friends.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by PetloverJo, Oct 27, 2012.

1. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

Today I took Milly to the vet for her booster, I took Tilly and Henry as well. All 3 were beautifully behaved so much so that the vet asked jokingly are these cats you brought me:D He checked Milly over thoroughly weighed her and she was 4.7kgs gave her her injection and she didn't even mumur. :) My brave little girl.

Then came Tilly's turn and she weighed 4.59kgs. He also checked her eyes with her having Nystagmus. I said it's still there not got any worse and doesn't affect her at all. He said that's good and how do you say it in English, 'don't fix what isn't broken'. :) I like my vet.

Then it was Henry's turn for weighing and at nearly 10 months old he weighs 5.69kgs :)

What made me so happy is he asked what I feed them on, I thought here goes another lecture. I told him I get their food from Germany and that it is wet is meat of at least 70%, and they do have a little dry food but that is also grain free. He then Congratulated me that what I was doing was perfect for them and that their coats were in fab condition. He said the only problem was the fact I had to order it from abroad:D I'm loving my vet even more:)

I doubt though if it wasn't for you lovely ladies and gents that I wouldn't be feeling this happy.

For this I would like to say a big
    Thank you. x

2. JordanRose

JordanRose Master of the Whingey Cat.

I'm also very thankful to have found PF, especially regarding diet. I would have been feeding Whiskas otherwise :eek: BIG NO NO now I've learned so much on this forum :)

I'm so glad they're all looking so fantastically well! Spooks is at the vet on Monday for his boosters and a health check, so hopefully we'll have the same glowing report (even though I just KNOW he's going to be a nightmare :eek:)

Well done for being such a fab pet owner :D

3. MollyMilo

MollyMilo PetForums VIP

Sounds like you have a wondeful vet there!

Tell me Jo, what is your secret to getting your cats to eat this 'good' food and grain free biscuits? :confused:

Mine have a mouthful of bozita a day and then gourmet or royal canin vet sensitivity!

Siamese dry royal canin down all the time, but just a few mouthfuls here and there.

4. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

Pleased your 3 got on well :thumbup: :) Sounds like Henry is going to be a big boy :D and he's still got a few years growing to do :D

Your vet sounds lovely :) can I have him? :D

There are only a couple of vets at my surgery I like, one of my favourites has left to go travelling :( Seb is having his first booster next Saturday and the vet we're seeing is just like the teacher you hated at school :( I'll be ready for my lecture and detention :rolleyes:

5. JordanRose

JordanRose Master of the Whingey Cat.

Spooks is the same, he hardly eats anything! He picks at his biscuits (James WellBeloved) every now and again, and any I leave out overnight tend to have been eaten by morning but he hardly eats his wet food.

I'm thinking of trying him on raw, to see if he prefers that. Maybe it's a Meezer thing, have all of your Siamese been like this :confused:

6. MollyMilo

MollyMilo PetForums VIP

Mai Ling loved all her food and ours :D
    Luci was quite happy with Whiskas and Felix and purina one
    Alfie loved his Siamese biscuits and Felix

But these two!! :eek: something they liked at breakfast is sniffed with disgust at supper! :rolleyes:

7. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

In my house it's tough love if they don't eat, it I don't give in to them. I've also started this approach with my children. It works with the 5 year old, but the teen just puts something in the oven herself:rolleyes:

8. Iheartcats

Iheartcats PetForums VIP

Me too! Lol! They eat what is put in front on them lol! Having said that my 13 year old teen boy has requested "man size portions". He's a growing lad :blink:

Go glad it went so well at the vets! My vet always comments on the condition of their shiny coats and its all down to the lovely ladies (and gents) on this site that have pointed me out to the wonderful Zooplus!

The other day my hubby noticed that Leo wasn't looking as shiny as usual and said "Hey boy, you need polishing!!"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice