Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I'm so cross with my fur babys

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by mellowyellow, Jul 4, 2009.

1. mellowyellow

mellowyellow PetForums Member

They have destroyed my living room carpet, they have dug it up my the kitchen door to the point of only being only threads left.
    I don't understand why they have done it they are never allowed in the kitchen and the doors always shut. Couldn’t they have done it to the hall carpet its old the living room one is only two years old and now destroyed :mad: they don't do it when I’m home and they have lots of toys to play with and a huge cat tree :confused:

#1 mellowyellow, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  2. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

sheldon has done this to my carpet when any doors are shut, which is how hes ended up sleepin in our room all the time.

i no ppl on here have said cats dnt like closed doors but if they are never allowed in the kitchen it seems strange they have done it all of a sudden.

sorry i cant offer much help but i hope someone comes along who can

3. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

Mine do it when there shut out of a room, I use an off cut under the door, that way they dont damage the carpet.

4. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Do you have accidental damage cover? You may be able to claim for your carpet. My mother claimed for her hall and stairs carpet when my dog Shen, a puppy at the time decided to eat the carpet off the bottom stair

5. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

All I can say is.......... welcome to the world of cats! :eek:hmy: :001_tt2:

Taylor ripped up all of mine as he didnt want the doors shut....he wants them open!

The rest followed suit & use it to sharpen their nails.... oh! dont bother with the £300 worth of stratch posts!!

We now have wood flooring :) :) ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice