UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
21,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After debating on an earlier thread I found that I'd become 'subscribed' to an organisation that I wish to have nothing to do with. I can only assume that someone saw fit to use my contact details, which are obviously freely available for all to see due to my business, and add me to a subscription. Thankfully, after emailing I have unsubscribed.

I can't see the point of trying to add to a debate, when people see fit to do something like that. If anyone doesn't agree with a point of view, then fair enough, point it out and hopefully have a sensible discussion about it. But to resort to such tactics just seems particularly childish to me. If we can't agree to disagree about subjects that we feel passionately about then there is little point in debating on a public forum.

I'd also point out, that this sort of tactic could be misconstrued as quite sinister, and is faceless bullying by those who undertake it.

G

·
I dont know has gone on but i always have though you have been a great member!
Would be sad to see you leave

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
After debating on an earlier thread I found that I'd become 'subscribed' to an organisation that I wish to have nothing to do with. I can only assume that someone saw fit to use my contact details, which are obviously freely available for all to see due to my business, and add me to a subscription. Thankfully, after emailing I have unsubscribed.

I can't see the point of trying to add to a debate, when people see fit to do something like that. If anyone doesn't agree with a point of view, then fair enough, point it out and hopefully have a sensible discussion about it. But to resort to such tactics just seems particularly childish to me. If we can't agree to disagree about subjects that we feel passionately about then there is little point in debating on a public forum.

I'd also point out, that this sort of tactic could be misconstrued as quite sinister, and is faceless bullying by those who undertake it.
Well Said..;)

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I would hate to see you leave! :( Your contributions on the threads are very good, and evertime i see them, i know that you are a valuable member! :D

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
I would be sorry to see you go.
Don't let an idiot drive you away.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Every village has its idiot, looks like one is looking for theirs, cos it is on this forum playing silly buggers!

Dont let them get to you sleeping lion.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOOO don't stop posting please:D:D

G

·
Don't know what has gone on or what this is all about, but has it happened to other people! Hope you don't go sleeping lion! can you not name and shame the person who has done what ever they have done!
Sorry but I am lost!!
regards
DT

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Awww dont leave, I havent been here long but do see you post a lot, believe me Ive been on a lot of forums and seen some arguements but they arent worth bothering about! dont know what this is about but hopefully the person concerned will leave!

·
Banned
21,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the posts, I am gonna sleep on it.

It is disheartening to have your details used like that, I know they're there for all to see, and it might seem like a prank or something small to whoever decided to 'subscribe' me, but it is also offputting.

I might not hold the same views and values as others, but to be honest, I would hope none of us were exactly the same, that's what makes the world go round.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.