Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

im now a proud owner of a fluff ball :) but worried sick about lump!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by louise2, Nov 23, 2012.

1. louise2

louise2 PetForums Member

ok so i have owned my fluff for about 1month and half now she is amazing with kids and follows me from room to room being in the bath don't matter she will still follow and sit and cry at the door haha :)
    the breeder i brought her from didnt get her leukemia jab done so i phoned the vets and paid to have this done 3 weeks later she as a lump feels like a knot she may have had this for ages i only noticed this yesterday!! as she as grown it could have moved to a space i can feel it, it moves!! its at the back of her neck now just on her shoulder could this be a reaction from the jab? the vets said it isn't! her second jab is on the 30th but im worried sick!! she is happy running around like crazy striped my xmas tree :) eating well,all seems ok the lump isnt bothering her its only bothering me i have appointment for her on 30th to be seen also the vets said if it isnt bothering her to wait untill the 30th ,, as anyone else ever had this problem! i always think the worst of things cause i worry!!

#1 louise2, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  2. Ingrid25

Ingrid25 PetForums VIP

I think it would be a reaction from the jab. I can only say to take her to the vet, as you are already doing but try not to worry too much if it isn't causing her trouble yet.

3. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

Is it quite small?Could it be the microchip you're feeling?

4. louise2

louise2 PetForums Member

she as not yet been micro chipped :-/ its about the size of a pea ..

5. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

One of mine had a reaction like that to one of their jabs, I was advised by the vet nurse to massaged it and it would go away.

Welcome the the world of cat slavery and worry:D

I hope that helps.

6. louise2

louise2 PetForums Member

a slave i am haha :) i love her!! :)
    i will try this and just keep my close eye on it ..

7. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Pixie got a lump in response to her jab, it was quite big as she was so tiny then!! It will go down in a week or 2, but you could always ask the vet to check it. They can move around a bit though :)

8. Jansheff

Jansheff PetForums VIP

Both my cats regularly have lumps after boosters, so does my sister's cats. I would think it's quite likely the cause, but best to ask at the vets when you go back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice