Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I'm not looking honest.............but...

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by niki87, Apr 16, 2011.

1. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

It's a Jenny (I think) with tube, shelves etc! Is an incredible bargain! If I was nearer I would definitely be getting :( FOR NO REASON!!! :D

If anyone is interested I will PM the link!

2. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

oooooo i am please! I'll ask them if they would post :)

3. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

Don't get a Jenny! They're horrible cages! My arms are all scarred where mine had a sharp bit. It's also easy for small furries to chew because it has a lip around the base, the doors are a nightmare and the bars aren't coated so they end up getting rusty and smelly.

The Tom Rat Cage is much better, and it's exactly the same size as the Jenny.

4. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

I have 2 Jennys and lone them :( but never had a Tom Rat cage so can't compare. The new version do actually coat the bars...though yeah think this is the old one. Only thing is I bought the new one brand new and found it a pain to set up....but I would say that...I snapped one of the connectors and put in one of the panels upside down :D

5. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

The tom has a nice big door on the front, and that alone makes it 1000x better than an old jenny :) I would of got the Jenny KD, but I lothe spending £140 on a cage when I can get an Explorer for that sort of money, and the Explorer is more then twice the size of a Jenny. For this reason I ended up with the Abode as it was going cheap on Ebay (£63 brand new). The only thing I'll say for the Jenny is that it is one of the few cages that are suitable for rats that is easy to get hold of.

I did the same with my Furet Plus (spare cage) I need to buy a new set of the little corner clips as my dad has gone and lost all of them :rolleyes:

6. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

YEah agree with all of that....though I got mine for £95 :D

7. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

I'm not jealous at all, honest *grumbles* :D

8. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

;P hehehehehe

9. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Tis still a bargain at £15 though, I like the Jenny cages, although I dont actually think I need another cage :eek:

10. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

Neither do I, but I still stalk ebay for bargins. If I found a really cheap Freddy I'd probably get it to add to the top of my Abode so I'd have a tower. Totally excessive for just 4 girls though :)

11. thedogsmother

I got a Freddy for £5 the other day and I have no idea who Im putting in it :eek:. Might just add it to the enormouse amount of spare cages.

12. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

I too have a cage hording problem. As well as the main cage I have a 100cm long rabbit cage as a retirement cage, and a Furet Plus as a holiday cage. And if I see something cheap then I can't help myself :rolleyes:

13. thedogsmother

I just worked out in my head how many cages Ive got, its scary:eek:. Ive got 13 occupied ones and 21 spare ones:eek:.

14. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

That's fairly epic :blink: I'll keep it to a minimum as I don't have enough space for loads of cages in this house

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice