Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I'm not doing so well :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Marcia, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

My depression has esculated to point where i can't stop crying for no reason. I already have a few life issues that need dealing with that i'm working through slowly but i can't motivate myself to do anything :(

The anti d's talk has made me realise that i may need them. I will speak to my doctor about them. Councelling doesn't help otherwise i'd choose that option.

And what's not helping me during this incredably emotional time is that there are a couple of people on here making things even more difficult :(
    These people have no consideration for other peoples feelings :(

Sorry to rant but i need to get it off my chest. At least i know that there are some nice, caring people on here that actually give a damn.

2 people like this.
  2. kath123

kath123 Guest

Aww hun, am really sorry you are having such a rought time, please pm me at anytime if you need to talk, always here for you.

And as far as the not so nice people on here, IGNORE them and they will soon go away hun!! :D:D:D

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

How long did you try councilling for?

Took me a good 6 months before i felt comfortable enough to be open.

There is various help available, and various support, but you usually need to go through the CMHT to get it.

Do you exercise at all? I know it sounds silly, but along with other therapies, it can really help and it releases natural endorphins. Getting the motivation up to do it though, can be a huge challenge in itself.

4. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

I'm really sorry I think you mean me, I really didn't mean to upset you. Can't take back what i said:blush2: but i will walk away from that thread hope that goes a little way to making you feel better:)

5. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

I tried for about 4-5 months but opening up hurt me more than bottleing up if you know what i mean.
    I have recently started exercising again. I've taken up jogging and cycling a couple of times a week. I need to lose the weight anyway.

Thanks though guys *hugs*

6. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

Marcia, so sorry that you are having such a difficult time at the moment, i hope that you can get to see doctor soon and that he/she can help. And like Kath says try and ignore the other insensitive peoples comments, i know easier said then done. I also have had bouts of depression, however i did go to counselling and it helped me but then everyone is different. Hope that you can find something that will help you soon. Take care
    Nicci

7. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

No it's not you hun :)
    You havn't said anything to upset me.

8. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I can empathise with you I'm really sorry how you're feeling :(

There are different forms of counselling, such as psychotherapy and cognative behavioural therapies, maybe see what your GP thinks of those and if they would be of any use to you?

If you feel really low call your GP, they can get you an emergency prescription of something just to calm you down and help you sleep .

PM me if you want xxxx

9. MarisStella

MarisStella PetForums Junior

Hi there,

I'm so so sorry to hear you're going through that right now. :crying: I know there's not much I can say to make you feel better, but going to the GP sounds like a very good idea. It's also best to be as honest as you can with him/her.

There's nothing wrong with not being motivated, but only for a few days. It's ok to take some time out to have to yourself, and have a couple of bed/tv days, but it's best not to let this become a habit. A bit of 'me' time though, everyone needs that! Is it not an idea to maybe set yourself a very small target? Like, tomorrow afternoon I'll pop out to the shop to get a magazine, orso?

I've been through it myself, so I can empathise with you, and I know because of this, that whatever anyone said to me, especially the very unhelpful 'snap out of it' from my parents, nothing would have worked. They could have told me Daniel Craig wanted to take me out to dinner if I snapped out of it, and even that would not have helped me!! I had to be ready myself, and only then could I make the changes I needed to start living again.

I'm glad to say that I came out the the other side, and I'm doing really well now :smile: I now look back and it's like remembering a different person. Part of me regrets that time, but another part of me knows that having come through it all has made me so much stronger. I certainly hope it will be the same for you. :yesnod:

In the meantime, vent your spleen, or cry as much as you need to! I'll be here to listen to you, and to let you know I'm thinking of you!

Take care of yourself though, you're an important, beautiful person :thumbsup:

xxx MarisStella xxx

10. amanda123

amanda123 PetForums Member

So sorry to hear how you're feeling. I have suffered with depression- definitely go back to the doctor and get anti- ds if that's what they recommend! I took them and before long I felt SO much better.

Hope you feel lots better soon too.

11. Badger's Mum

I'm really glad about that, I was abit worried:). Hope you find the right help soon:)

12. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear you are feeling the way hun sending you a big ((hug)) Please try to ignore the people on here that are upsetting you. xxxx

13. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

I expect that is just a stage you have to go through before anything starts to feel better. I am sorry you are feeling rough.

Liz

14. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

Awww...Marcia. I understand what you mean. I have been seeing my councellor for about 4 months. I have had an awful year and it has left me really miserable. I am trying to make a new start by moving house and I ended things with my ex too as he was a big cause.

One thing that is really getting to me is Uni. The uni has given me the opportunity to sit my exams in August rather than back in May. Although I am really thankful, I can't be bothered. Most of my sadness now comes with having no money and constantly worrying.

I think you have to start with all the things that make you miserable and get rid.

I always feel good after a long walk. Especially in the rain. And a good cry.

I hope you are feeling better soon! :D

suzy93074 likes this.
  15. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I am so sorry that your experiencing such a difficult time at the moment. I do wish that there was some magic way that I could make you feel better, but the best I can offer is sympathy and a cyber hug (((((hugs)))))

16. SemolinaPilchard

SemolinaPilchard PetForums Member

Sorry your not feeling so good at the moment :( i hope things pick up for you soon. ((((((bighug))))))

17. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

Thanks everyone :)

All of your words mean an awful lot to me.

I'm going to speak to my doctor today and decide what the better option for me is. I do have some Diazepam from when i got totally stressed a few months back. I wondering wether to take one and have a lie down. I didn't sleep much last night due to the humidity so i guess i'm a bit irritable too.

18. Badger's Mum

I wouldn't take the Diazepan if i was you your'll need a clear head to explain how your feeling, try having a nice warm bath that may help:)

19. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

That sounds like a better idea :) I can pull out my lavender bubble bath hehe

20. Badger's Mum

your sounding brighter already:D. Have to say i hate the smell of lavender though:D. pm me when ever you want amoan or need cheering up:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice