Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

im new to this, any advice?

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by celene bully1, Feb 7, 2008.

1. celene bully1

celene bully1 PetForums Newbie

hi, could any1 help? im looking at bully pups at the moment and when i hav found the right one id like to show. il hav a car soon and dnt mind travelling.iv been reading up on training tips etc... but dnt no how to find out where shows are or how to enter. i live in the north east and would prefere to start local until i know what im doing. theres nothing on the net on this subject, not that i can find anyway. is there any1 out there who can advise me on how to get started? thanx x :confused:

2. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

Buy the 'Our Dogs' or 'Dog World' newspaper (they have them in W H Smith) and all the shows for the week are in the back of there and also show closing dates - lots of info in them.

Good luck with looking for your pup and hope you enjoying the shows

3. pkb1

pkb1 PetForums Junior

you can also go to Championship,_Open_&_Limit_Dog_Shows but the dog papers are your best bets although they are £2 per week each and it might be months before you see anything near you.
    ask at the local pet store and watch your local paper for the small companion shows which are the best to start out in.Also you need to find a ringcraft class near you to learn the different things you will be expected to do and to give help with your dog.................be warned though........its adictive!
    Pauline

4. pyrmaster

pyrmaster PetForums Newbie

You can also order the kennel club gazette which is posted to you monthly that will give you the dates of shows all over the country month by month and if you join the breed club they will often tell you of shows which offer classes for your breed as well as giving you lots of advice its also a good place to start looking for your perfect pup good luck

5. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

If you find a ring craft near to you that you can attend - they usually have information on local Open shows you could enter too.
    Good luck :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice