Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Im new and need advice please!

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Tiddles, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Tiddles

Tiddles PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone!

I have a lovely all black cat called Tiddles, and she has always been a house cat,windows were always open for her but she always just sat on the window sill, shortly after i gave birth to my son (he is now 10wks old) she all of a sudden ran out and didnt come back for 2days, she hasnt been spayed (sp), when she came back she seemed fine, it has always been on my mind that she may be pregnant, but these last couple of weeks she is eating loads,nipples are pink with black dots around them and her belly is rather large to say the least. I have no idea how far along she could be.

I have been researching on the internet with regards to labour/birth and after care, My other half has got a very large box from work,which would be great for the kittens to keep in,and we have another enclosed box for Tiddles to hopefully give birth in, what im asking is......Could any of you be kind enough to add pictures of the birthing box/area you have had so i can get a better idea of what to have???
    and
    if any of you can give me a website or info on signs of labour/what to do et etc.... everything i need to know/to do????

I know im asking alot but i need help and love my cat dearly and want to make sure these kittens will be asa safe as i can make it for them.

Thank you so much

x

2. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

hi there and welcome to PF I am relatively new here as well and in the same position as you but I do know for def my Geri is pregnant, it might sound like a cop out but if you look thru the various posts in the cat breeding section you will find a lot of the answers you want it all seems very friendly and helpful on here and there are quite a few of us at the moment that have mums about to give birth so lots of kittens on the horizon:):) so anyway hope that is some help to you but if you still have questions ask away somebody with more knowledge than me will answer you.

Mo xx

3. Tiddles

Tiddles PetForums Newbie

Thank you Mo, Been browsing all night now, Im very excited but also very nervous!! Will keep you updated, when are your kittens due? Lisa x

4. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

hi ya lisa and welcome ... blimey theres lots of us having kitten s here now...
    i got my lady due anytime , keep us posted ... happy reading of past threads :thumbup:
    julie xx

5. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Hi Lisa, think you're the same as all of us its very exciting but so so nerve racking, Geri is due well I thought today poss but after reading up on here and seeing the eggs take 3 days to fertilise it might not be until monday now so anytime now really I know she mated on the 1st April but its poss she did before this as well so just don't know and its driving me mad:lol::lol:

Mo xx

6. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

If she has only been out the once and you are sure when it was (and surely you should be under the circumstances!) then all you need to do is count 65 days from when she got out, and then you should be within a couple of days of the birth. it sounds imminent.

There are two signs that birth is close. The first (anything from one to four days beforehand) is that the cat's shape changes as the kittens drop into place to be born. She actually looks smaller if you look down on her, but she isn't smaller, she's just carrying them lower down. The second, which indicates that birth is about to start, is that she starts urgently seeking for somewhere to have them.

Liz

7. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Hi Liz,

So should you count around 65 days from the day of mating then? sorry if I seem thick, Ive just been reading so many posts on here the last few days I think i have confused myself.

Mo xx

8. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Yes, 65 days from first mating

Liz

9. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

OOo thank you so much Liz that seems to make more sense in a way am feeling bit more relieved now so that means due date Friday:( which is not good I work friday and saturday nights:eek6: oh well maybe not this weekend:lol:

Mo xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice