Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

im just not understanding the sexing pics?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by purrlover, May 12, 2010.

1. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

Evening everyone :) ive been looking at all the pics of male and female kittens that have been put on here lately , and im afraid to say i really dont see any difference ... in my book (the complete book of cat breeding )there is a diagram that i can clearly see the differnce, but in the flesh i stand no chance ... what am i looking for ? is it the spacing between bum and penis/vulva? or the actual shape of the genitals? please someone explain to me in language i will understand :rolleyes: .. i have 2 litters due in june and i would really like to sex the kittens myself (my mentor will be here but i would just love to do before she tells me )
    thank you
    Julie x

2. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

to me girls look like: |
    and boys look like: o

:D :D

3. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

thats what its saying in the books ... but on the pics on here it all looks the same...lol :confused:

4. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I thought that until you are up close actually Looking at them! I thought that Id never understand or get it but it is quite easy as long as they arent hiding or pretending to be a girl when they are a boy!! :D

5. shutterspeed

shutterspeed PetForums Senior

It is easy : when the two holes are close together it's a female, if there is like 1 inch between : a male

maybe this helps

[​IMG]

6. monty's mum

monty's mum PetForums Newbie

I would go by the gap between the bum and the bits. if they are close together its a girl if far apart boy. i find it easy to hold the kitten in front of me and lift the tail so you can see. Hope this helps

7. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

or like an upside exclamation mark!

The bum . then a l is a girl - but then I don't know what that bit is below...

Boy has his bum them a O then I don't know what the bit below that is either....

Not that I am still confused or anything. :rolleyes:

I know I have two kitten which look different but the girl still looks like she has erm... bits below her l :confused:

I am going to look at Tinks, Itty and Chaz again.

8. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice