Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Im in trouble cos of Ted

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kinjilabs, May 2, 2011.

1. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

We were supposed to go away for two days next week and I cant go.

Teds lump still isnt going down so how can I leave him:(

Hubby is now in a strop cos I wont go away, his last remark was, ok we will never have a holiday cos we always have ill dogs, fgs!!! we will have holidays just not this one:(

I cant go and leave Ted as he is now, maybe Im wrong? but hey Im not leaving my boy no way!!!!

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

I dont think you are wrong, I wouldnt be able to go either
    :(

Love to Ted. Looking at the pic of you and him over in the other thread, such a lovely photo :001_smile:

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I think we married the same man :eek:, he would be exactly the same way, mind you I wouldnt go either, hope Ted feels better soon.

4. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

i dont blame you for not going, i wouldnt and i wouldnt feel guilty about it. hope hes gets better soon :D

5. SixStar

SixStar Banned

My husband would be the same. Don't worry, I couldn't go either - your boy needs you, there will be other holidays x

6. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

What's the point in going on holiday if you're going to spend the whole time upset and worried?

Much better to wait until he's better then be able to enjoy your hols IMO.

7. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

i don't blame you at all.i have done the same with mavis and i will again...what about a little trip not so far away that you can take Ted with you..still nice to get away xxx

8. rona

rona Guest

Don't blame you.
    I don't like leaving mine for a few hours let alone days, and he's not old and sick like Ted

9. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

I couldnt go away either, even if you did you wouldnt enjoy it, if your anything like me, because you would be too worried about him the whole time anyway. Big hugs to Ted, sorry to hear there isnt improvement.

10. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

My husband would be the same, and I most definitely wouldn't go :( I mean how can you enjoy a holiday while you are worrying anyway?

You are doing the right thing :)

11. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

I 100% understand and support your decision.

12. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

I can only sympathise as I'm often in the same situation. Remarks like "we can never go anywhere because of the dogs" etc.

I'm with you on this one; you're quite right that you can't leave Ted. Hubby will get over it.

I've been away over the week-end judging in Ireland and when I got back really late on Sunday night the first thing I noticed was the dirty water in the dogs bowl but I daren't say anything because at least they all still had four legs each...!!

13. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Naa dont you go - OH's are two a penny, unlike your faithful Ted.

When I had my arab we didnt have a hol for 10years. He kept saying "book" I answered "yeah" and never did it. Got away with that one.

When Freddie died and I was alone with no animal to love me (still had him :rolleyes:) I got Heidi and he kicked off big time but I reminded him I had a dog when I met him - it makes me whole and is who I am - NO LIKEY - ON BIKEY....................:D:D:D:D

14. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I would never leave a sick dog. I won't leave mine anyway, because Joshua has to have his supplements every day and I don't trust anyone else to give them to him.

Men always think they have to come first:rolleyes::

15. debijw

debijw PetForums VIP

If its paid for tell him to find a mate to go with and you stay home with your gorgeous boy at least you'll have peace and quiet.

16. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

My ex boyfriend got really grumpy after I got Rupert. We'd been together two years when we split and he told me a year and a bit later that he just hated how much attention Rupert got and he didn't get any :lol:

I would be doing the same as you, there will be other holidays but there wont be another Ted :)

17. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

My daughter had a boyfriend once who was jealous of her cat! How pathetic they can be.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice