Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I'm in luck ( Or so it seems.)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by springerpete, Nov 20, 2012.

1. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

Had to put this up even though it's nothing about dogs.
    Just this minute had an E.mail. seemingly from a Muslim lady who's name I cant pronounce, who wants to make me a beneficiary of a huge sum of money. All I have to do is get in touch with her on her private mail address..........How lucky am I.????? Or could it be a scam do you think????

2. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

Send all your banking details IMMEDIATELY! :)

3. Lola71

Lola71 PetForums Senior

Def NOT a scam.....quick send her all your details and you can treat all our pooches to treats from the money.....think we might be better off not holding our breath though lol!

4. terencesmum

terencesmum PetForums VIP

I once got an email from an elderly lady who recently lost her husband to cancer and is now suffering from the ailment herself and, since they have no children, she decided to leave me their £10million estate. If only I could send her £1000 for solicitor's fees.
    I'm rich, peeps. :p

5. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

The best story I heard was a journalist that took on a scammer. He replied to the email, and the conversations went back and forth and he was asking questions and finding out more until he said he (can't remember exactly) would need to pay out to set up a bank account. Well I might not remember the whole of the story, but the outcome was that the scammer paid him £60, and the journalist came away laughing.

He posted the full email conversation on line and I was crying with laughter as I read it. The scammer scammed! :D

But sorry Pete, to answer your question, I don't think your luck has turned just yet. :(

6. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

A lovely foreign sounding chap with the lovely name of David helped me fix my windows operating system on my laptop the other day as it was being hacked :eek: I had a great 5 minutes talking to him while he fixed my laptop ;)

7. Lola71

Lola71 PetForums Senior

Funnily enough i spoke to a man from Turkey the other day, in an online forum and he is in love with me after a short conversation and thinks that we shall be married and live happily ever visa.....oops i mean after! ;)

8. springerpete

So do you think I should cancel the order for the new Landcruiser then????

9. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Hate to break the bad news.....

10. springerpete

Oh bugger, I'd best phone my Lady and tell her to withdraw her notice to quit as well.

11. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

So cynical. I'm sure it's completely legit people give away money for free all the time :rolleyes:

12. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

I saw this, it was great :D I think he's done a few.

Pete, we're both rich! I had an email from the FBI today, who are holding a large sum of money for me and need me to contact them. If I don't co-operate it sounds scary, as "FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH OUR DIRECTIVE MAY LEAD YOU INTO PROBLEM, YOU WILL BE ARRESTED, INTERROGATED AND PROSECUTED IN THE COURT OF LAW FOR MONEY LAUNDERING."

:eek:

Best hand over my bank details immediately, don't want to be interrogated!

13. springerpete

I had one last year informing me that I had an uncle who'd been tragically killed in a road accident in Hong Kong and as I was his only surviving relative I was due to inherit shed loads of money, all I had to do was send £200, to cover the admin. costs.. Yeah right. Do peope really fall for this ????

14. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Sadly enough to make it worth their while. :(

15. Tarnus

Tarnus PetForums VIP

Forget you lucky sods, getting all this free money - what about the unfortunate people like me who has just found out that my barclays bank account has been hacked, I've lost all my money and the only way to get it back is to send them all my details!!

To make matters worse, I have no recollection of ever opening a barclays account so I've no chance of sending them my details and reclaiming all my lost monies!! :crying: :crying: :crying:

16. Phoolf

Phoolf PetForums VIP

On my more boring days I reply to these e-mails to get some kind of dialogue set up but sadly none of these rich long lost friends has ever gotten back to me. :(

17. Tarnus

Tarnus PetForums VIP

Somewhere out there is a Nigerian prince, sitting on top of his huge piles of money in his massive mansion, wondering why nobody ever responds to his emails.

Poor guy.

18. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

I had one of those a while ago I had inherited millions from an reletaive I knew nothing of, please send £200 to administer this.

I e-mailed back and told them to take the £200 from the money owing me and send me the rest.

I am still waiting :D

19. Julesky

Julesky PetForums VIP

NO way!

Just the other day the head of the UN contacted me (from his hotmail account) to say i'd to be given a sum of money to help me out..

What thriving times of preosperity we live in.

Spend your money wisely Pete...

20. Dizzy Grace

Dizzy Grace PetForums Member

Why do I never get any of these interesting emails? Only ones I get try to sell me certain products...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice