Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

I'm having to use the ipad one aka the baby ipad

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by danielled, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

Ipad air has cooked it's goose either that or the battery. It won't charge, so for now using the ipad one. I won't be happy if I have to start cooking fever qgain. On friday I'm taking that ipad air to the apple shop to have a word with them. It isn't any of the apple ipad air chargers because it won't charge on any of them yet plug my sisters phone into the chargers as that is an iphone and that charges so definately my ipad air.

2. WillowT

WillowT PetForums VIP

How old is it? I had an iPad Air that just stopped charging after 2 years. Took it to apple and they didn’t know what was wrong with it and couldn’t fix it. 2 weeks, a bit of money then I had to go buy a new one

3. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, Holy Roller.

Sounds like your charging dock might be at fault, Dan.

My Xperia II suffered the same problem a couple of years ago. Parts are a bit expensive, as was the labour and I had to wait a couple of weeks for the repair.

4. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

Don't know but older than 2 yers. It's like it is trying to charge or something, the screen goes grey then goes back to black. When I take it on friday I'll ask them to check the charging port on my ipad. It charged for the last time on monday night, then tried to charge it yesterday and it refused. Well going to bingo this afternoon no hoping to win money there that can go towards an ipad that works if they can't fix it. For now I just can't use itunes or anything I could use/do on the ipad air. Ipad air has all my books on it too.

5. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

Did your screen turn grey then go black again like it was trying to do something?

6. Zaros

No, I have the Sony Xperia, it's a different animal altogether. However, once the charging dock starts to break down it causes all sorts of power problems.

7. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

I have a sony xperia and that is fine, just my ipad air. I'll leave it to the experts at apple.

8. Zaros

How many of the same/similar appliances do you need, Dan?o_O

9. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

I only kept the ipad one as a spare so only have one that works but can't do much on it.

10. WillowT

WillowT PetForums VIP

This is exactly what mine did. They changed the port and it still didn’t work so they said it was something more internal that would cost more than the iPad itself to fix. First time in several years I had a problem with apple product. I have the pro now and had that a year. I’m hoping the air was just a bad batch or very unlucky. Hope. They manage to fix it. Do let us know as I have my old one here still just dead in the draw

11. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

I will keep you all updated. Either way think I will have to fork out either to get it fixed or get a new ipad.

12. Zaros

In English this roughly translates as 'I don't know what's wrong'

Good job they're not bloody motor mechanics, eh.:rolleyes:

13. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

well if they can't fix it that's Buddy's puppy pics gone.

14. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Do you not back it up to the cloud ?

15. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

I had aome backed up to the cloud I think but not all. Some might be in my album on facebook too along with some on other sites.

16. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Not that it helps you now but when you get it repaired/but a new one, set it to auto back up every day, then you’ll never loose anything again. I pay, I think it’s £1.79 a month, for bigger cloud storage ..... after loosing photos constantly off faulty memory cards/loosing cameras, I’d never be without it now.

SusieRainbow likes this.
  17. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

I will.

18. CuddleMonster

CuddleMonster PetForums VIP

It might be worth trying an small independent repair place. A couple of months ago, my laptop packed up and most of the computer places I tried said 'unrepairable' or 'not worth repairing', but then I took it to a little shop run by a guy who took early retirement and just wanted something to occupy his time - I ended up with my old laptop back as good as new for less than half the cost of buying a new one.

Team_Trouble likes this.
  19. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

One that isn't apple? Like those who pretend the chargers they make and sell are able to be used on apple products? Had too many bad experiences with fakes/counterfeits to risk things being made worse not that things can be made worse as the ipad air won't turn on. Mum checked a website that said try connecting the ipad to a pc or laptop then logging into itunes on her work laptop but it wouldn't let her, if it had have let her though said website had instructions so it might have had a chance but no. On friday it is coming with me to the apple shop.

20. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

A small, independent repair shop is not pretending to be anything.

They will repair electrical devices, no matter what the make.

How is that pretentious?

BlueJay likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice