Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Im going to rehome Teddy

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by crofty, May 19, 2010.

1. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

:crying:

I bought a big dog crate and have tried to bond them properly today.... it was a complete failure. They were ok to start with but then Joey started as usual, not just furr pulling really going for Teddy who was doing absolutely nothing to provike him. Eventually Joey started going for Tinkerbell and Dreamer too and just getting more wound up i cannot risk my trio falling out, i ahve done this before and im not one to give up easily but i cannot risk my three and its not fair on Teddy.

He is desperate for another bunny to cuddle up too, he adores Tinkerbell and they get on great, but i think three unrelated bucks and a doe is just not going to work.

Please please dont tell me i need to give it more time or to think more about it, for the last few months i have thought of nothing else. I love Teddy to bits, im trying to type through the tears right now, but i have to do whats best for him and my trio. I cannot afford another bun to go with Teddy and I have to stick to what i said in the beginning.

He will only go to a 5* home and will stay here until we find it. Im so stressed and poorly at the mo, this has just broken my heart.

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

:( poor teddy, I would love to see him with a girl friend

3. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Oh no, i am so sorry hun :frown:

We all know you have done everything you can but sometimes it just doesnt work out

I know he will go to a lovely new home with a girlfriend. You are doing the right thing for him x

4. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Ive just spoke to Steve well i sobbed down the phone to him, he's away but back later tonight, the animals are my responsibilty he doesnt get involved normally but he wants to talk to me about it when he gets in. I think he's just worried about me, he told me not to foster Teddy so im sure i'll get the 'i told you so' he knew id get attached and want to keep him.

5. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I am sure he wont say i told you so hun x

I would love to help but i have my hands full now :(

6. Zippstar

Zippstar PetForums Member

Ohhh hun I wish I could help...but I think you're too far away from me and I'm not sure he would get on with Rags as she can be stroppy :( I hope you get it sorted out quickly as I know how heartbreaking it is. Hugs to you.

7. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

I know how you feel hun... currently rehoming Chester, devistated doesn't come close :( Need to find Rosie a lovely boy though as she needs another bunny...

8. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

I'm in no hurry to rehome him, when the right home comes up i will let him go because i want him to be happy. I feel sick just thinking about it but i know its the best for him.

9. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Oh i am so sorry Crofty :frown: :frown: i can only imagine how you feel hun. You have done all you can for Teddy and more! A lot more than your ''billy average'' would've done. xxx

If i lived closer i would have offered but i live very far away :frown:

Hugs xxx

10. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

You gave it your best Crofty, and I know you will make sure he goes to a great home :)

*Heidi*

11. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

Tink why don't you take Teddy to go with Rosie or see if you can arrange a play date to see how they would get on? We could all see how he gets on then and Crofty can get lots of pictures and know he's in a great home. :D

Just an idea but may be worth thinking about.

12. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Can you not house him separately but near to the others so he still has company, but can't/wont fight as they can't get to each other?

If you can't afford a seperate hutch, try freecycle. I see them quite frequently on our local one :)

You clearly love him, so if you house him separately you can still love him!

13. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

I am so sorry Crofty. I will be miss his photos and updates here - as I am sure you know - I have a wee soft spot for Teddy. I hope you get a good home for him - someone who will love him as much as you do. x
    Jacqui

14. Tsuyama

Tsuyama PetForums Junior

Ah what a shame:( I hope you manage to figure this all out Crofty

15. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

He's already next to them, he's just still not happy on his own, he'd love a bunny to snuggle up too :( i cant be selfish.

16. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Im going to take Joey and Teddy for a car ride today and give it one last shot, seeing as Joey is the problem.

#16 crofty, May 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
  17. Lumpy

Lumpy PetForums Senior

Good luck. Sending loads of bonding vibes.

I can only imagine how painful it is to have to rehome a bun you love but admire you loads that you can put his needs before your own.

Seeing George (my indoor bun) snuggled up with his wife Gemma - I can understand why you would want Teddy to have his own partner. I just stand and watch them for ages and my heart melts.

I so hope the car journey works. George and Gemma were a nightmare to bond - George ended up at the vet with scabs on his back - but it suddenly all just fell into place and now they adore each other.

Come on Joey - Teddy is a lovely snugglebun. You will make your Mummy very happy if you accept him.

18. frags

frags PetForums VIP

Good luck :thumbup:

19. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Aw crofty I'm really sorry to hear this and it must be heartbreaking. You have given Teddy such a great home though and brought him back to being fit and healthy. You know whats best for your buns and I totally understand that you'd want him to have a girlfreind and be happier.

Let us know how you get on with trying him and joey again. If you do come to rehome Teddy you shall have to make one of the conditions of taking him on that his new parents join this forum and put up lots of pics of him so we still see him! :)

20. Zippstar

Zippstar PetForums Member

Good luck, don't forget the squirters to deter any fighting :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice