Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I'm going away..what to do with kitties??

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ChrisKon, Apr 9, 2013.

1. ChrisKon

ChrisKon PetForums Junior

Hello everyone,

I am going away on May 25th for 2 weeks, what is the best option for my kittens? They will be 9months old and they would not have been out the house yet as I think it's best to let them out for the first time when I get back?

I do have friends and family that would come round to feed them and I don't mind paying any professional cat sitters but which would be best to minimise stress?

Thanks

2. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

I wouldn't let them out at all, but if you must do wait until you return.

If you trust your family or friends to properly care for them, noting any health changes, amounts of food eaten, properly clean the litter tray etc.
    Otherwise you can use a cattery or pet sitter, depends on who you have available and who will do the job best.

3. cava14 una

cava14 una Anne two black and white boys and a Nortie Tortie

My two boys are 9 months too and they have just come back from 10 days in a cattery.

I was lucky as my vet works closely with the cattery as they have stray cats for the local cat shelter too so was able to recommend them.

My boys seem to have enjoyed their visit been well looked after and eaten well. They even came home with a toy they had specially enjoyed:) which has been appropriated by my Beardie boy:D

If you can find a good cattery I'm sure your cats will be fine especially as there are 2 of them for company.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice