Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I'm getting married but worried about the dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Emraa, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Emraa

Emraa PetForums Senior

I'm getting married in March :001_wub:
    Our two dogs are part of the ceremony and will be around for the photos too :thumbsup:

I'm a dog groomer so my dogs come to work with me three days per week but they are left for a max of 6 hours (usually 5 hours) three days per week when I go to my other job.

On our wedding day we will make sure they have a big walk that morning (and for the week leading up to the big day) to ensure they are suitably exercised. They will be at home with my OH until my bridesmaids collect them to take them to the church and then onto the venue for photos. After that they will be taken home when they will be alone for around 3 hours before someone (still haven't figured out who that person is yet!) calls in to feed them and let them out for wee/poo. That person will then stay with them for company for a couple of hours when they'll be left alone again for around 4 hours until we arrive home.

Do you think this is suitable bearing in mind they are used to being left several times per week? :confused::

2. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding! :)

The arrangements for the dogs sounds absolutely fine - after all, it's literally a once in a lifetime thing, not as if it's going to be a daily occurrence!

3. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Sounds perfect :)

Hope you have a fantastic day and glad to hear mans best friend is involved too :)

4. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Congratulations :D. That sounds fine to me :).

5. hushtalk

hushtalk PetForums Senior

6. Bagrat

Bagrat PetForums VIP

Congratulations - I'm sure they'll enjoy a rest after the attention they'll get.

7. Freddie and frank

Freddie and frank PetForums VIP

congratulations :)

sounds ok to me.
    i would have loved my dogs to have been at my wedding ceremony. what a nice idea. ;)

8. lucy963

lucy963 PetForums Senior

congratulations, love the fact your dogs are being included in the pics. :)

9. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

Congratulations :D I think after the excitement of a wedding they will be glad of a few hours rest ;)

10. Emraa

Emraa PetForums Senior

It's going to be an interesting day that's for sure!

11. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

Congratulations it all sounds fine to me cant wait until you post the pictures

12. ackerleynelson

ackerleynelson PetForums Junior

First of all congratulations on your forthcoming wedding... :)
    It sounds good that your furry friends would be with you on your special day...:thumbup:

13. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I am sure they will be fine even if no one goes into them in the middle.

My dogs are not left for long on a regular basis but when they are it is sometimes for 6 or 7 hours and they are never bothered.

14. Emraa

Emraa PetForums Senior

I think I worry too much about them being alone. The youngest dog who is 2 1/2 gets bored and whines a bit and will chew the post if she is left alone too long (usually over 6 hours) but I'm hoping with all the exercise and the excitement of the day at church she will be too exhausted to care!
    I think my other half's dad is going to call in around 7pm to feed them and sit with them for an hour so it will put my mind at rest.
    I can't wait to see them at the church with their bridesmaid outfits (don't panic, no dresses! Just a blue collar and lead with ivory flower to match the human bridesmaids :) )

We have just booked a luxury honeymoon in the middle of nowhere in Cornwall and the dogs are coming too! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice