Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

im getting a new baby today :)

Discussion in 'Ferrets' started by SnazzyJazzy, Oct 26, 2012.

1. SnazzyJazzy

SnazzyJazzy PetForums VIP

Since i rehomed wally i have been thinking that five is a very bad number of ferrets.....hanna and maggie sleep all day and poor salomai has to put up with the rather boisterous munchkin and woody...so when next door offered me their laszt little polecat girl...how could i resist :D :D :D

will be picking her up later today but i cant decide if she should go straight outside with the others or stay in until she is a mite bigger, opinions please :)

2. SnazzyJazzy

Baby Bubbles is home :)

She is the runt of the litter and needs some feeding up but she is so inquisitive at 8 weeks she is climbing up tubes and ladders quite happily :D photos will come later :)

3. SnazzyJazzy

4. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

awww she is super cute. how are your others with her? it maybe worth treating her with stuff for ticks before she gets to meet your lot so you know if they did get anymore she isnt the reason.

5. SnazzyJazzy

they have not met yet :eek: she is soo super tiny im scared that she will be crushed :eek:

(i know its not likely but im a wimp :) )

i did not think about the tick thing, good idea thank you :)

6. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

is she eating ok? your best of keeping her indoors untill she gets some fat on them bones, as it is chilly outside. was she kept outside before.

7. SnazzyJazzy

shes eating a diddy bit, iv soaked some biscuits in cat milk for her and that seems to being going down ok, i will be buying some meat from the butchers on monday, she came as a surprise as i was told that next door had already rehomed them all.

she was kept outside before with her siblings, but when i saw her she was shivering non stop :(

8. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

you could make her some scrambled egg she would love that. How is she eating not too fast?

9. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

awww ferrets shiver to raise the body temp once reached they should stop, you often see kits do it when they 1st awaken, it sounds like she was cold

10. SnazzyJazzy

not really, i have only see her take a few mouthfuls, im about to embark on mission scrambled egg lol

she is so different to muchkin at her age, all he did is eat sleep poop and eat lol she is nosey and into everything.

she is still shaking a fair bit though, she has plenty of bedding which she is curled up in, im thinking its just nerves being in a strange place.

11. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

could you not bring solomia in? shes only a kit isnt she? it could be shes missing other ferrets for company so is scared. I am sure after a few days she will be fine.

12. SnazzyJazzy

good idea :eek:

lol i feel like an idiot for not thinking that she might just need company.

13. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

hey dont worry x if you dont want to do that maybe try putting teddies in her bed so she has something to snuggle upto

14. SnazzyJazzy

solomai is in and they are both giving each other a good sniff lol

bubbles is like a little shadow its so sweet :D

15. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

I'm sure they'll be fine, Kits rarely if ever fight. Its good really in a way as Bubbles and Solo (hope you dont mind that lol) can keep one another company now.

16. SnazzyJazzy

well the cats and the dog are definatly enjoying the show lol the cage is surrounded by a quiet but watchful crowd :)

i dont mind at all lol

17. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

well done for rescuing Bubbles x

18. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

I would quarantine her from your others for a while, treat for mites and check poos for worms.

If shes used to being outside it will be quite a shock to her system to come inside. How about a snuggle safe disc over night? the temps have suddenly got cold.

She beautiful she does look super tiny too

19. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

i would of said that too but seeing as Bubbles came from next door to op and she has had ferrets before I felt it was better Bubbles had company.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice