UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We go walking up Lamberts Castle most mornings its beautiful up there and the dogs love it. There are always other people with their dogs and they all play and have fun.
BUT there is this dog that is walked up there who is a very dodgy, he is known to be funny with other dogs and can get quite aggressive (hes a belgain shepherd). They also have a whippet who is starting to pick up these behaviours.
The shepherd and my staff have never got on and he always goes for her and so retaliates, my spaniel and their whippet used to run around together and the shepherd has bitten him a couple of times but now the whippet has started going for him too.

Today we saw tham at a distance and i always put both my dogs on the lead when i see them so they cant be blamed for anything. We let them go on out into the car park before we carryed on down. As we got colser to the gate i realised they were talking to a lady who had just arrived and the shepherd was off lead and the whippet on the lead. So i held my two tight on a short lead and put myself inbetween hoping to just slink past as the shepherd was sat by its owner and had not realised anyone was behind. But then he turned his head and spotted us and launched itself growling and bearing its teeth, it was quite scary!! My staffy growled back at it and my spaniel jumped out of his skin. So i swore at them and quickly got my two in the car, i heard her say 'what do u want shes on the lead'. Yea the whippet is but not the slightly BIGGER belgain shepherd that has the mouth full of teeth and the strength to go with them wasnt, he could do some real damage or even kill another dog.:incazzato: He used to have a muzzle but they stopped putting it on him for some reason.
Maybe i am part to blame and should have shouted to them to grab hold their dog but she must have seen us in the distance as we saw them so knew we were walking to the cars. Im just fed up of it now and they dont seem to want to help the situation by keeping their dog away from us like i keep mine away from them. :angry:

Hope u were able to keep up, im just fumming and had to get it off my chest.

·
Registered
382 Posts
urgh i completely understand!

i always walk my dog on lead in most places because shes quite unpredictable with strange dogs and can sometimes turn if another dog approaches her in the wrong way.

there is a man who lives near me as nearly every day i walk indie in the woods and this man has a really DA lab who goes for indie everytime we go in there and now indie has developed a strong dislike for solid black dogs! this lab is never on lead and the owner is always on the phone not paying attention and my poor indie is always subject to this labs abuse even when i try and hold indie close to me the lab follows us! all i get from the man is 'oh hes alright' and it frustrates me because how many more dogs is the lab gonna terrorise?! :mad:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im glad its not just me and my dogs!!:eek:

Why should i go out of my way to keep my dogs away from this dog when its the owners that should be keeping him away from us!!! Im fed up of coming across these dog owners that have their heads in the clouds!!!!!

If it was the other way round thay wouldnt just ignore this.

I hope that chap gets whats coming to him! Maybe you should snatch his phone and stamp on it? Then he would pay attention. :D Poor indie i feel sorry for her its not nice.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think a lot of people on here have had it with inconsiderate owners!

There arent many places i trust indie to be off lead so most of the time i keep her on, and when i let her off and see other people shes straight back on lead because shes such a nuissance! I could just as easily let her off and let her run around to her hearts content but i actually care about her and others safety lol

haha so many times ive wanted to stamp on his phone! thing is though it isnt just indie who gets frightened, i do as well because this lab really snarles and goes mental it could easily attack anyone. :incazzato:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.