Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

im disabled&had power cut last night&was off till 10am today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sexy erica, Feb 28, 2008.

1. sexy erica

sexy erica PetForums VIP

was nightmare as was powercut last night so everythin was off&i in darkness on own&i in wheelchair so made hard so couodent move so had get help by buzzer so someone had help me so i dont hurt or fall over so had go straight bed so needed help cos i can fall,so was off lastnight&was off electric&gass for 10 hours so i was frezzein in bed&house was cold so was worried about my parrots&cat cos of cold&was pitch black.plus i bought all food&was in fridge so i was fumein cos if throw out i have no money to buy fresh.so woke up 7am&still wasent on so everythin came back on at 10am.
    has anyone else had off that long cos was long time in dark?

2. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Bloody hell erica, thats a long time, ive never had a power cut for that long, few hours tops.

3. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

Don't worry your food in both the fridge and the freezer should be ok we were off for longer than that just recently, but as long as you are ok do they make sure that you have a torch with batteries etc in it and do they take long to get to you

4. sexy erica

sexy erica PetForums VIP

i press buzzer if i worried about anythin or if had fall or emergency like happend power.they come tell me stay where i am&they check my fuse ant gone or need credit whcih was nin them things so was power cut so nothin could be done so they said u best goin bed so m safr so dont fall or hurt self so had help me go bed.the buzzer i have is part of social services cos i vunrable&have carers in day time&tea time but evenin i on own till next day so i press buzzer iif i need to like i did.

5. sexy erica

sexy erica PetForums VIP

i dident have touch at all so couldent see at all&everythin goes off electric&gas so was frezeing.

6. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

thats awful it must have been freezing, I'm glad its all back on for you now :)

7. sexy erica

sexy erica PetForums VIP

well im worried it happen again tonight so i dont no what do for best?

8. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

it shouldnt happen again i'm sure you will be fine and if it does happen just press the buzzer again, you will be ok :)

9. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Yep, and as tashi said, get a torch ready incase x

10. sexy erica

sexy erica PetForums VIP

i cant find my touch as i been looking for it

11. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

you should get another one, perhaps your carer could get one for you, it would give you a little light

12. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Yes, And at least that way u know you will have one incase another power cut accures.
    Sort that tomorrow erica x

13. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

I cant find my tortch either, need to add that to the list of things to get which is growing by the second lol

14. sexy erica

sexy erica PetForums VIP

im gonna keep lookin for that one cos i no i bought it&put it somewhere in house but not no where i put it.so i bet il find that one somewhere in house

tashi likes this.
  15. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

Get another small torch with a hanging hook on it and attach it to your wheelchair so it stays on there all the time that way if it happens again you don't have to search for the torch as it will be on your chair

16. sexy erica

sexy erica PetForums VIP

thats good idea cos my eye sight worser so if dark i cant see at all so il attach to wheelchair so with me all time

17. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

great idea :)

18. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

yes vey...and if anyone should piss ya off u can swipe em one wiv the torch..light and weapon in one.

19. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

HHEE HEE yep very versatile

20. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

lol, depends on shape of torch :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice