Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

IM devastated

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pampered pets, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

Just got the local paper to find a dog i rehomed last nov has been ordered to be put to sleep by the courts :(

He wasnt my dog, a staffie but i knew who he belonged to and he had a terrible life.

he was left alone locked in a cupboard for up to 18 hrs a day, fed only when someone remembered food and kicked and beaten daily.

no one would help, all the rescues were full the the RSPCA siad i hadnt witnessed it for myself and the people who had were to frightened to speak.

eventually in desperation i stopped someone walking staffies one day and they put me in touch with a retired couple who had just lost their dog, they fell in love with him and all was fine, he was a very giddy lively boy and this was his third home, he showed no agression and despite his beatings he loved people.

tonight i read he bit a dog and a neighbour, they muzzled him and took him to training classes but the courts have fined them, banned them from keeping dogs for two years and ordered Tyson be put down :(

now i know dogs cant be allowed to go around attacking people but this dog was so gentle, i hope its not his breed that has gone against him, the family were lovely and i thought a two year ban was harsh.

They took Tyson on when no one would help out, they gave him a chance im devastated its coem to this i just cant believe it.

Animals suffer trauma they cant have counselling like people, where were people when he was being kicked and beaten? he never showed any agrresion to his abuser, i knwo we have to be careful especially with kids etc but im just so saddened at the out come.

RIP Tyson i hope you running free over the bridge, away from humans x

2. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

I cant beleive they got a 2 year ban :eek: Did the courts know of his history??

Its such a shame what Tyson was put through I cant understand anyone who abuses animals, mentaly or physically and that it had to end this way for him :( RIP Tyson. x

3. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

that is so sad :(

4. Pampered pets

It says in the paper he came from a rescue centre which isnt true, if they had got in touch there are three or us that would of given charachter refrences to say what his temprement was like when we knew him and what hd happened to him.

I thought the family had taken reasonable steps by muzzling him and taking him to classes, it said in the paper when the judge told them they were devastated.

They were found to be in possesion of a dangerous dog but how on earth can they justify a two year ban??????

The person who locked him a cupboard and beat him is free to get another dog and the family hwo gave him a chance are banned???????

where is the bloody justice in this world.

Ill be writing a letter to the paper to say what i think!

5. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Oh the poor thing, you did your best tho, good on ya!

6. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Thats a good idea, writing to the paper.
    There is no justice. There are people out there who are treating their animals like dirt but other people who acutally love and care for their pets are getting done for cruelty. I know this because my friend has just been put through this! not only was she taken to court and fined the paper also wrote a load of crap about her and put her name and street in the paper, so not shes terrified that people will get the wrong idea and turn up at her door.

Anyway sorry little rant there went a bit off topic. I think they just pick on these people because they're easy targets. Thats just my oppinion though.

7. Pampered pets

Yes they also put his full name and address in the paper, minus door number.

Whats the bets that the paper will print what i write though?

seems to me they tried to make an example out of a staffy.

8. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

I know someone else whos been taken to court. But her staffy got out by total accident and started fighting with another dog. They wanted her to plead guilty and get the dog put down. I think when people see the breed "staffy" they automatically assume agressive dog.
    I would much prefer to go up to a staffy in my shop then lets say a yorkie or something. (had an aggressive unmuzled scottie dog in my work the other day :eek: I was just waiting for it to attack my leg or something. the guy stood right next to me with him :eek:)

Anyway sorry i went a bit off topic again

9. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. At least you did the best you could and hopefully, his last years were good ones x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice