Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

im being considered!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by staceydawlz, Aug 19, 2009.

1. staceydawlz

staceydawlz PetForums VIP

i am being considered for foster carer:D...just need a home check...anything thats important that would need to be safe anything i should expect?? any foster carers on here??

animallover111 likes this.
  2. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Not a foster carer but congratulations they do fantastic work

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Oh you lucky thing! Id love to foster one day.

JSR fosters, she might give you some tips.

4. staceydawlz

i hope she does come along just so i know what to expect! x

5. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Animallover111 has some foster dogs in at the minute..So she may come along and give you some advice..Im not sure who she fosters with though..

Who will you be fostering with..and good luck i am sure you will be fine! well done! :D

6. staceydawlz

its not a definate yet but im hoping everythng will be satisfactory with the home chek!! its doris banham x

7. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

ahh Good luck with the house check and let us know..How exciting! :D..Just be calm..im sure you will fine! :p

#7 DevilDogz, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2009
  8. staceydawlz

duno if i can be calm!!!
    lol im excited now and i havent even got the date for home check yet!!! lol

9. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Firstly THANK YOU so much for offering to foster. All rescues reply so heavily on their foster carer's and you cannot begin to realise the sheer amount of pressure you take off the kennels and workers. So a huge pat on the back for offering.
    Don't worry about the home check, remember they want you to pass so even if they find something they are concerned about they'll help you sort it out. ;)

Try to not worry, fostering is hard work but it's also the most rewarding and satisfying thing you can do. You will no doubt fall in love with the dogs, but you have to think if you keep the foster dog could you carry on fostering? I had a break of fostering when I adopted dog number 4 because I thought I wouldn't cope with that many dogs...I'm now up to permanent residents of 5 and still manage to have 1 or 2 fosters as well. :smilewinkgrin:

You might find you have a foster for 1 or 2 nights, then another will be months on end (they are the hard ones to let go!). You also might have the responsibility of helping the rescue rehome the dogs, most of the people who have adopted my foster dogs have come to my home to meet them, so it's you who has to explain the dogs character, likes and dislikes etc. I am still in contact with a few of the people, and it's lovely to hear how the dogs are getting on.

I won't pretend it's easy, everytime a new dog comes to stay I have 2 days of wobbles and thinking 'it's not working!!!' then it sorts itself out and they become like one of the family. Most importantly is to keep calm, relax and enjoy the experience. You are doing something that is wonderful and so very generous. The rescue is there is provide you back up and do not worry for one minute to ring them for support if you need it.

10. staceydawlz

thanks!! i cant wait, i want it to come and go so i can start forstering theres a poor boy on their site ATM colonel he ill i wish i could have him here to help him out he looks like he needs a big hug!!:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice