UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And all in the name of my essays :mad:

Mr Tech Wizard boyfriend will be going into my laptop and blocking both Facebook and PF until I get these 3 essays done! :yikes: I'm only allowed on in the evenings when I've done a significant amount of work :crying:

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good! Stop bleating! Get Cracking. Get all 3 done in draft and see you tonight!:ihih:
It'll take much longer than that, each essay is 3,000 words and I've still to research all the info and then type it up :(

·
Registered
304 Posts
Wish someone would do that with me:p Essay due in on Monday. Even if someone tried to blocked web sites I know a way round so its not going to work on me:D (I get bored easily lol)

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Being the type who used to leave everything to the last minute and then stay up all night to finish the essay for the deadline, I can now say NOOOOOO! Don't be like me! Get on with it! :nono:

·
Registered
16,426 Posts
Good idea, it will help you keep focused! :D

I block ebay on our laptop if I feel my OH is spending too much time (& ££'s) on there only I don't tell him what I've done ;)

Ooops, just seen Rona's post .... controlling?? me???!!!

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
I've kicked my OH out until this afternoon so I can get some work *cough* forumming *cough* done Singing:

He's gone to view a car, he needs a new one but is hopeless at decisions. I bet he wont want it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
I only remembered to do my VAT return and pay HMRC yesterday (2 days late) ...im expecting the big knock at the door

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd be a bit concerned if an OH started doing things like that :confused:

A slippery slope to control that is ;)
I asked him to do it, I'm so behind with my work so I need to get my nerd on and get my head in those books.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I'd be a bit concerned if an OH started doing things like that :confused:

A slippery slope to control that is ;)
Aw! I think it's kind of sweet! If he said he was disabling PF till she got the house cleaned that would be controlling - he's trying to get her focused on her work!

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aw! I think it's kind of sweet! If he said he was disabling PF till she got the house cleaned that would be controlling - he's trying to get her focused on her work!
He just shouted at me to get off PF and do some work. See you later guys :crying:

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
On a serious note if my OH ever utters a word about how I should go do my uni work he would get shouted at. I can't tolerate being patronised or made to feel like a child. Its not like I'm wracking up 25K+ of debt for the hell of it..!

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On a serious note if my OH ever utters a word about how I should go do my uni work he would get shouted at. I can't tolerate being patronised or made to feel like a child. Its not like I'm wracking up 25K+ of debt for the hell of it..!
I am just thinking precisely the same thing. I would tell him to mind his own business, personally.
I asked him to do it because I'm shockingly behind on my work after being ill for 3 weeks. I have 5 weeks to research and write three 3,000 word essays, as well as do research for a presentation next week. Please don't be too harsh, it's only a bit of light banter and I'm purposely being a drama queen.

shall i add ur oh on fb then :) and blabber on at him ... he may get so boreed/annoyed with it hell unblock u just to get away from me :D

but yes u should reli do ur work :p
Yes, add him and annoy the pants off him and then maybe he'll be nice to me :D ARGH THESE ESSAYS :cryin:

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
I asked him to do it because I'm shockingly behind on my work after being ill for 3 weeks. I have 5 weeks to research and write three 3,000 word essays, as well as do research for a presentation next week. Please don't be too harsh, it's only a bit of light banter and I'm purposely being a drama queen.
I'm not being harsh, just stating my opinion if my OH were to actually seriously try and enforce I do uni work. For the record, I also have 3 x 3000 word essays to do although technically in six weeks, and I work 20 hours per week as well as having a sick dog to sort out.

I honestly think you will do better once you can log out of here for two hours of your own accord and get going. My problem is time constraints ie. I don't physically have enough time in a day to do as much as I would like, hence someone nagging at me to do my work, even if I ask them to, is seriously not going to help.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.