Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I'm back again...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Cappuccino, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Cappuccino

Cappuccino PetForums Junior

previous thread

I've really missed having a cat since little Sassy passed away and I've been trying to find one to adopt. I was telling a friend of mine about Sassy and she said she might have a cat I can take - she has several strays that she feeds, they just keep turning up at random and it's getting ridiculous now! Initially she said she'd a black female, but then she said her Mum had taken a shine to that one, and the only other tame one was a very timid boy cat.

I went to have a look at him, and she told me I could take both cats - having persuaded her mother that they really need to find homes for some of these cats!

So I came home with two young cats, a tortishell (the supposedly black female - she is mostly black) and a sandy tabby (not sure what the correct name for his colouring is, he's a very pale ginger).

I've called the girl Georgia and the boy Dave (don't look at me, those names just came to me!)

Dave tends to look a bit "special" at times, but he's learned how to use the litter tray, whereas Georgia hasn't - she goes in, digs a hole, then comes out and poops on the floor, always managing to completely miss the newspapers that are spread out.

My mother has decided she doesn't like Georgia (this is nothing unusual for my mother, thing is, once she's decided she doesn't like something, that's it forever.) And Georgia is turning out to be very boisterous and a bit destructive (not to mention all the pooping on the carpet) so I think she may well have to go back to my friend (who said she'd take them back if there were any problems)

Obligatory pics...

Dave with his 'kill'
    [​IMG]

Georgia investigating the laptop
    [​IMG]

The terrible two keeping watch
    [​IMG]

(she's much darker than that in real life, and he's much paler! :confused: )

:)

2. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

Lovely pictures.
    You could try a feli way diffuser that might help with the pooping on the floor.
    Or give her a tray of her own if she hasn't one already.
    It is early days.
    Have they been neutered?

3. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

it is early days yet, i would try and see what happens. beautiful cats though.:)

4. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Gorgeous cats :) Dave is a lovely cream tabby :)

5. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

I'd Deffo try a feliway and another litter tray! Lovely cats and the names are brill :)

6. Cappuccino

Ah is that what it's called! Thanks!

I bought a bigger box and different cat litter yesterday, Dave is going in it, but Georgia still won't have anything to do with it...

I'll have to see if I can find this feliway thing...

They were wrastling with each other yesterday evening and Georgia was giving poor Dave a terrible beating! I think she smacked him in the eye (can't see any damage though), he kept closing his eyes when he went near her after!

They're not neutered yet, I was going to wait a few days before taking them to the vet.

7. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

what litter did they use at the other ladies house, or did they go outside to the toilet, try using hooded and open litter boxes and make sure they are away from noise and in a quiet spot in the house. they are both gorgeous.:)

8. DivineWind

DivineWind PetForums Junior

Yup try a hooded litter tray.
    Good idea to use the same type of litter too :)

As for your feliway:

FB10K gives £10 off £30 spend
    MedicAnimal.com

Can't see it cheaper anywhere else.

9. Cappuccino

They weren't using litter before, they just went wherever they wanted - they were outdoor cats.

Dave is now starting to copy Georgia and going behind the telly :(

Dear gawd that Feliway is expensive! I'd have to get the spray version as there isn't a an available electric socket behind the telly...

I have noticed that like Sassy they both will sit in a plant pot to pee, so maybe I should put dirt in the litter tray?! :lol:

Oh and I've booked them both in for spaying/neutering.

10. Cappuccino

I've had to return the cats to their previous home :(

My mother wouldn't stop whingeing and moaning about there being two cats in the house and was demanding that I "take them home", or "get the vet to sort them" (ie put to sleep) or "leave them out the door". I was ignoring her, she's always been one for moaning and whingeing so it was nothing new.

Then one afternoon when she was going out of the living room, Georgia was trying to follow her, and my mother very deliberately tried to slam the door into the poor cat's head (she missed thankfully)

Later on in the evening the two cats were playing on the floor when Dave pounced on mother's foot, she jumped in fright and looked down to see what it was, Dave was sitting up looking at her, and she -again completely deliberately- kicked him in the face.

The following morning when I was putting the bins out, mother let the cats out of the living room - no doubt thinking I'd left the back door open, which I hadn't. When I came in she was grinning all over her face and delighted to announce the cats had "run off".

I phoned the woman I'd gotten them from (who'd said to bring them back if there were any problems) and told her that I didn't think it was safe for the cats to be in the house with my mother any more, so she let me bring them back.

I've always known my mother to be a self centred, rude, person, but trying to hurt the cats was crossing a line. I am beyond disgusted at what she did, unfortunately because of her mental health issues (and I'm not referring to her dementia) she cannot see that she's done anything wrong, and is completely unrepentant and denying that she did anything to either cat, and she was mocking me for crying "ooh have you got something in your eye? You should see a doctor about that!"

:mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice