UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting here just thinking about nothing , and ended up watching Gypsy sleep and then started working out how old she is now (4) and how many years I have left with her if she lived to 16 ... and now im in tears cos I cant bear the thought of ever losing her

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with her , except that her Mum is a totally stupid soppy git :eek:

Am I the only one who gets upset about absolutely nothing when it comes to their dog ?

·
Registered
734 Posts
No your not alone. I quite often watch Molly when she is being sleepy or snuggly and wonder how on earth i would ever cope should anything happen to her and she isn't even 2!
I have no idea why!

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
I woke up at 2am and just laid there watching Oscar breathe...

I cant even think about what I will do if I wake up and he isnt.........
How prophetic given your loss today

Ive put my head on Tilly's belly and heard her heartbeat and felt the rise and fall of her breathing...

RIP Oscar

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
I dont want to think about it. Kira is my 'soul-dog', the one who I'm closest to and we have a fantastic bond, much stronger than I have with any of the others (though I love them all)

I will be devastated when its her time to go :(

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I worry terribly, after going through so much with my older dog and remembering those lonely nights and empty days, packing up all her things.
There are times when I don't want Diz out of my sight :(

Can't even think about losing her, there is such a gentle innocence in her :eek:

Ooh dear, tough old me blubbing twice in one week, I think the soppiness may be contagious :eek:

And so sorry to hear about Oscar, beautiful video, RIP handsome boy x

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Sounds perfectly normal! I find myself worrying about mine now they're getting on a bit, especially how Breeze would cope if we lost Scooter first as she's his little shadow :(
Best not to dwell on it really and enjoy them while they're here.

Woke up crying this morning after dreaming that OH's Major had syringomyelia and was going to be put down :eek:

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I know how you all feel:(

Make the most of every minute you have with your dogs, no matter what age, enjoy enjoy enjoy:)

·
Registered
14,799 Posts
I couldn't bear it when I lost Jaz but I would rather outlive my pets than think of them living with out me :)
I've already made arangements for Jet if I die first. He is going to live with my daughter, he loves her to bits, so I know he'll be happy there.

As for him going first, I try not to think about it. He's around 8 now and going very grey. I'd just be lost without him, we are together almost all the time. If I have to go somewhere without him, I worry bout him till I get home. His unconditional love has seen me through some bad times, and the good times are all the better because he's there. I just can't bear the thought of being without him, I honestly don't know how I'd cope.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.