Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Im a 13 year old in Dublin, Ireland and im looking to walk dogs to exercise more and earn money

Discussion in 'Animal Jobs & Working with Animals' started by Euan McElhinney, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Euan McElhinney

Euan McElhinney PetForums Newbie

13, I want to get a bit of exercise and some side money for the summer, i have a doggie who's 9 years old and i walk her frequently, so i'd consider myself to be amateur. I live in a middle/upper class estate (mostly upper) so i'd think they would want someone else to walk their dogs, so maybe the rate would be higher. I just wanted a set price range, my parents reckon 5 euro for 30 mins but i feel i could get more, and maybe more for harder-to-handle dogs .

#1 Euan McElhinney, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2019
  2. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello Euan. While your enterprise and enthusiasm are admirable you really need insurance to walk other peoples' dogs. As you are under 18 this would not be possible.
    To get more experience under your belt until you are old enough why don't you enquire about volunteering at a rescue ?

#2 SusieRainbow, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Picklelily likes this.
  3. Rufus15

Rufus15 ~ Orrono Maine Coons ~

I've stumbled across this. I'm highly concerned that this is a child and they've put their address on an open forum.

Surely this needs to edited out by mods as its a child protection issue???

4. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

There was no actual address but I agree too much detail so thanks for pointing that out.:)
    Now edited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice